Hey I'm trying to plug headphones to my amp.. like a ''phone'' jack. Unfortunately, the Peavey XXX EFX doesn't conviniently have a jack labeled ''PHONES'' like the 50$ Epiphone amp it's sitting next to does. I was thinking that putting my headphones in the ''EFFECTS'' loop might do the trick, but I didn't want to mess anything up. Mind you, the ''EFFECTS'' does have both a ''Send'' and ''Return'' jack uh.. Help?
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.
Last edited by Sc0urge at Jun 11, 2006,
Uh.. I wasn't looking for a headphone jack.. I was asking if the effects jack would work?
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.
im pretty sure it would but i dont want to try it and take the chance of messing my xxx up haha
tube amps DO NOT HAVE HEADPHONE OUTPUT JACKS

this is important, don't disconnect your speakers and connect your headphones, don't connect just anything to your speaker output jack

DOING SO MIGHT DAMAGE YOUR AMP PERMANENTLY!

What you want is something like an attenuator with a headphone jack.
Last edited by greenbox at Jun 11, 2006,
Heh well I wasn't gunna.. which is why I was asking. Anyway this means plugging in my headphones in the effects wouldn't work? Thanks
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.
That's beautiful. I was thinking about getting an Weber Minimass. But.. alas, I don't think I really need it for my Triple XXX combo.. the volume at low and at high aren't much different so I don't really need to drive the volume up. I might.. but with that money I think I'd rather invest in pickups or other hobbies. Unless someone could convince me that it would be worth the money to pick up an attenuator?

Eh.. right. BTW where did you find that website? I can't find the thing on the regular Weber page (tedweber.com)
Quote by Mascot
Calm down.

I'm not saying it again.