My birthday is in December and I'll probably get £100-£200. And if I save up until then I'll have about £300-£400 total. So I've been looking for a new guitar for about 2 years but I've never found one that fits my style perfectly. Right now I have a MIM Strat which is really beat up, I wouldn't be suprised if it fell apart. I like/play punk like The Ramones, NY Dolls, Sex Pistols, Stiff Little Fingers, Black Flag ect. I don't want a guitar that every one else will have. Thanks in advance.
#20 Ramones Worshipper RAMONES. PM hardrock1315 to join.
I would suggest the type of Les Paul Billie Joe Armstrong uses. Its perfect for punk
Thin Lizzy
yeah, Les Pauls are very versatile. Bille Joe has a Standard and a Junior though, which one do you mean?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
I like that Aria Pro II RS Inazuma but it only ships to the US. Thanks though, I'll look for one in the UK. Keep posting idea, they are all useful.

EDIT: I found some I really like:

Burns

Jackson

Last edited by G.I.R.L at Jun 11, 2006,
That Burns won't be that good for punk, I know someone who has one.

A Fender Toronado might be in your range, and it looks like that jackson but has humbuckers which would suit your style better.

EDIT: Okay, it's £520 on GAK so it's out of your range. The cyclone might be worth a look though.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=12576
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jun 11, 2006,
I've been looking at Cyclones, I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

I do like this Ibanez

what amp do you have?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
an esp for punk? overkill much?

and ibanez rg321s are both a) not punk guitars and b) extremely overused.

if it were in your price range i'd suggest rickenbackers, specifically the 650 series, maybe a 650c. they have astounding cleans, and if you'll bear with me, originally punk was played on equipment meant for clean work, only turned up real loud. if you get a rickenbacker and a nice vox tube amp and turn em up real high, you'll get a nice sex pistols sound-at least that's my guess.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what amp do you have?

Marshall JCM 800.
^ ah, ok, awesome, I was just checking you had a good amp, lol.

I dunno, something with humbuckers, maybe? I don't play much punk.

Maybe a Yamaha aes 620, pacifica 812, or washburn wi65pro or x50pro?

I'd take a look at those- in addition to what everyone else has said.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Humbuckers always sound to heavy for punk, to me.

Maybe look for a P90 guitar? Like doesn't the new Epi LP jr. Reissue have one?
get a strat. punk is good for that, since punk is gay....
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ ah, ok, awesome, I was just checking you had a good amp, lol.

I dunno, something with humbuckers, maybe? I don't play much punk.

Maybe a Yamaha aes 620, pacifica 812, or washburn wi65pro or x50pro?

I'd take a look at those- in addition to what everyone else has said.

Ok, thanks for that. I think I'll sell my electric drum set, that'll add another £50 I would sell my proper drum set but I love it too much. Thanks for all the help!
^ no problem, any time.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a girl with a JCM800? wow, what next! Just about any guitar with humbuckers will do as long as it's pink or some other pastel color, and weighs 2 or less lbs. LOL
Quote by mrbreeze
a girl with a JCM800? wow, what next! Just about any guitar with humbuckers will do as long as it's pink or some other pastel color, and weighs 2 or less lbs. LOL

Lita Ford might have something to say about that^^, GIRL you should start an all girl band, its been a while since the Runaways or Vixen(which didnt have the talent of Lita, Joan Jett and the Runaways).

Quote by mrbreeze

Where I come from there is a word for you, however there is no need to type it because it will only be censored.
Honestly, I hope that was sarcasm...really

Quote by CustomCustom
Lita Ford might have something to say about that^^, GIRL you should start an all girl band, its been a while since the Runaways or Vixen(which didnt have the talent of Lita, Joan Jett and the Runaways).

I don't think all girl bands are any better than no girls. Because then youre just segregating them. I think you should have a band of girls and boys. Like mine, our rhythm guitarist is a girl.
My lead guitarist is a lady... I wouldn't want to be in a band of all guys myself. The idiots who posted above are, well, idiots.
jeeeesh, I was only joking, figured I'd get a rise out of somebody. Face it, most girls who play are better suited for the Lilith Fair, than for Ozzfest, the few that were mentioned being the exception rather than the rule. Go ahead and type your word, sticks and stones may break my bones, ....... and get a friggin' sense of humor!
Quote by sylent
get a strat. punk is good for that, since punk is gay....

Go get hit by a bus.

I would say go for that Ibanez you liked. Maybe use the extra money for pickup changes.