This backing track has been around the net for a while, I have heard very many guys do good things with it. I did a solo over it too.

The guitar doesn't enter until about 40 seconds into the song, it just felt right to me to let the intro establish itself as a kind of theme. Like most of my other improvisational pieces, I start out rather slow, octaves and such, but it gets busy and more intense as the piece moves along.

I used the Tonelab SE and my Carvin guitar. I used a single patch on the TLSE and used my volume knob on the guitar to vary the tone. You will hear more gain dialed in over time, I krept my volume knob ub very slowly, adding just a touch more gain in each section.

Anyhow, hope you like, this will be the last of my old stuff I post, working on a fresh batch of tunes. I am ordering a MIDI guitar this week to use with the VG-8 and likely getting a GR-33 as well, so my stuff will get a bit more fusion-esque from here on out....

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=450859&songID=3307985
Pretty sweet man. Gave me goosebumps.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Listening to it now:

I like the slow intro, it establishes a nice mood.

Add some vibrato on those sustained notes at the beginning.

Didn't like the trill at about 1:35. Doesn't sound good with that kind of tone unless you put more power into it.

I like the string muting as you pick a higher string. My dad does it all the time, he uses a Carvin as well.

I love the transition to shred. It's my favorite genre and you make it fit well.

The wah is great, one of my favorite tools for a guitar. Especially when you shred while using it.

I love that bend at about 4:10. Don't know why, but it sounds good.

Didn't really go anywhere at the end of the song with the lead, but the ending of the backing track is still nice.

I loved your whammy usage throughout, especially when you first brought in the wah.

Overall, I'd have to say this was really good. I love blues shred because it can be so emotional. You have decent chops and if that was improvised like you said, you definitely have potential. I look forward to your newer tunes.

Mind critting mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374791
Chase09, thanx for the detailed critiques. All of these were just quick improvs, that's all I have had time to do on my own stuff, always too busy working on other people's crap (crap = figure of speech )

Most of these recordings of mine were simply to test gear or patches on the TLSE. My forte is chamber music composition, band and symphonic orchestration and such. I am a far better composer than guitarist. My big problem is that me the guitarist and me the composer never work together very much..... When writing a sonata it is simple to work out parts for other people (better players) to play, but I rarely ake the time to compose for myself.

Likewise, when improvising off charts or with a band, it is easy to come up with a part by simply toying with the motivic material provided, be it a set of changes or a melodic contour.

Anyhow thanx again, I am going to listen to yours and post.....
Very remeniscent of Since I've Been Loving You by Led Zeppelin.