im having a hard time changing my pick hand position so i can do a pinch harmonic. any tips on how to do this while playing a guitar solo? as in, im going real fast and all, and by the time i change my position so i can play a pinch harmonic ive already lost my place...
practice swithcin between the two positions slowly for a while, then gradually build up the speed between the shifts, should get you right
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
How do you hold your pick? If it's possible, try finding out a way to do pinch harmonics in the position you already hold your pick. If that doesn't work, hold your pick so that there is about 1cm of material left after your thumb. Good luck to ya
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
How do you hold your pick? If it's possible, try finding out a way to do pinch harmonics in the position you already hold your pick. If that doesn't work, hold your pick so that there is about 1cm of material left after your thumb. Good luck to ya

1cm? Woah woah woah, that's a bit much don't ya think?

Obviously it depends on how you hold the pick; thumb pad or thumb point. I find it a lot easier and more effecient to be holding the pick with the tip of my thumb, which is how I pick regardless - so my picking hand's already set up for harmonics if I ever need them.