http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-Triumph-120Watt-all-valve-guitar-amp_W0QQitemZ7420907692QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I no it does not say it. But it says his amp looks the same as that. 120 Watt through 1 speaker?... :S...

Does anyone have this amp... Is it a good amp?. I also live where he lives.. Do you think if i can get it for £50 it is a good buy?
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
That looks amazing.... a 120 watt valve peavey? Cool.

EDIT: The starting bid is 75... but the tubes alone cost £120. £100 would still be a fantastic deal for that. Except for the problems it has with the footswitch & EQ. But it's stillwell worth it.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Last edited by timi_hendrix at Jun 11, 2006,
But take a look at the picture... That dont look 120 watt....
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
Yeah i suppose. But still.. In the picture it does not look like a combo. Take a look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peavey-Triumph-120Watt-all-valve-guitar-amp_W0QQitemZ7420907692QQcategoryZ10171QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
Well.. To tell the truth i am not really sure. I have a H||h 100 Watt combo. And its giant. And that amp looks like my MG15 Marshall thing.
My Stuff
The good
Ibanez RG550
Laney GH50L (Head)
Laney 4x12 TT (Cab)
Jim Dunlop Wah-Wah
Boss ME-8 Multi Effects
Marshall Blues Breaker
The Okay
H/H 100 Watt Combo 1975
Ibanez GRX 420
The Ugly
Marshall 15 Watt MG
Strat Copy
erm a combo is a head and speaker inthe same enclosure mate
so ye its a combo

o and the pic says triumph 60 surely this means 60 watts?
ACOUSTIC
Martin 0001
Fender Stratacoustic

ELECTRIC
Gibson SG Special Faded (Mod)

AMP/FX
DOD ICE IT 60 Watt
ZOOM 606II Guitar
"Photograph is not of my actual amp, I don't have a digital camera sorry! The amp for sale is indistinguishable from the one shown, except for the fraying of the footswitch cable."

That might explain the triumph 60 bit and you cant say how many watts it is just by looking at it, for all you know that could be the size a car
It has a single 12-inch speaker, that should give you an idea.

With regard to the triumph 60 bit, it looks like it's 60 watts tube which more or less equates to 120 watts solid state.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
i have that amp it is a 120 watt,and its pretty cool,i got mine used for $300. american.you should see the speaker,it has the biggest magnet ive ever seen ,its almost as big as the speaker.its got a really good clean and good reverb,i would use a pedle for the distortion unless you re-tube it has 4 6l6's and 5 12ax7's,and it sounds much better if you plug into a 4x12 cab......one more thing its really heavey,like 80 pounds.you can also plug into the low gain channel for 60 watts.
I can tell you thats a 60W combo hence the name Triumph 60 but it sounds as loud as 100w solid state. That looks like a Scorpion speaker which I have and they are rated to 200w for 1! Thats what makes the amp so heavy, the magnets the size of a dinner plate. I have a later version the Triumph PAG60 and it just mounts the preamp tubes horizontally instead of vertically for reduced microphonics. Also mine has independant eq for the crunch/ultra channels vs. the clean channel. It probably sounds nice on teh distrortion channels though mine does, its Metallica without pedals.
my amp looks the same but it says triumph 120,good call custom,i didnt look at the larger view pic. that one is a 60 watt.
Last edited by jnl at Jun 11, 2006,
http://www.peavey.com/search.cfm?c=3&term=Triumph+60
DOwnload the Adobe owners manual here^^ you can see from the schematics that the guy is right the ultra channel doesnt use bass or mid tone control when selected only the high. My amp was an upgrade with active 3 band eq independant for the crunch/ultra channels. But a $50 eq pedal into the input takes care of any woes there.