Harmonius
Impulsive Dreamer
4,348 IQ
There was a thread about him a loooong time ago but it's since disappeared and i'd like to resurrect him back from the dead. Anyway, any fans?

http://www.metalagesmedia.com/marcel/anthem.wmv
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
He can play, but I don't think he's anything special.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Stratwizard
Fotzejäger
1,472 IQ
He just goes into this "has a good technique, but is a boring wanker" category for me.
NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
Yeah...He's good...but is very boring.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Reemster
Vanilla Ice look-alike
21 IQ
Quote by Stratwizard
He just goes into this "has a good technique, but is a boring wanker" category for me.

No offense, but he's anything but a boring wanker. I also seriously doubt that most of the people here have even a clue of what he is actually capable of. Shred, blues, jazz, fusion or any kind of music for that matter, he can play it damn well. Also, what he plays is always well thought out, well played, and tasteful.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that he doesn't get more credit around here, but maybe that's because I probably know about him than anyone here.
Quote by rank-n-file
Spannious And The Homos has a nice ring to it.
or try the band name generator.

Quote by Resiliance
Where was I wrong? I WAS NEVER WRONG!

YOU WANT A WARNING BITCH?
Stratwizard
Fotzejäger
1,472 IQ
Quote by Reemster
No offense, but he's anything but a boring wanker. I also seriously doubt that most of the people here have even a clue of what he is actually capable of. Shred, blues, jazz, fusion or any kind of music for that matter, he can play it damn well. Also, what he plays is always well thought out, well played, and tasteful.

I think it's pretty ridiculous that he doesn't get more credit around here, but maybe that's because I probably know about him than anyone here.

Sorry, about that wanker remark. It was a tad harsh, I admit. I listened quite a lot of him, when I was getting into shred, but nowadays he bores me.
Reemster
Vanilla Ice look-alike
21 IQ
That's fine, I'm not at all saying that anyone has to like him, but I often feel that people's opinions on him are often based on just a record or two, whereas he's done so many different kinds of projects. If people heard those as well, they might think of him as "less boring"...
Still, it's all a matter of taste I guess, so I respect anyone's opinion on him, provided they're based on more than just a song or two of the same album
Quote by rank-n-file

Quote by Resiliance

fa'q
Retarded User
91 IQ
he's really something, but i wouldnt say hes boring. he's a member on the petrucciforum and people there sure like he's music
one should not feel threatened by opinions contrary to his own
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Quote by Reemster
That's fine, I'm not at all saying that anyone has to like him, but I often feel that people's opinions on him are often based on just a record or two, whereas he's done so many different kinds of projects. If people heard those as well, they might think of him as "less boring"...
Still, it's all a matter of taste I guess, so I respect anyone's opinion on him, provided they're based on more than just a song or two of the same album

Nah, I've seen Suncaged live twice too... And I still think he's pretty boring.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Reemster
Vanilla Ice look-alike
21 IQ
^ But that's exactly my point: Sun Caged is only one of the dozen different things he does. Just because you may find him boring in this band doesn't mean that he's a boring player altogether.
Quote by rank-n-file

Quote by Resiliance

Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
I know... But the fact that I think he's boring... Means I think he's boring.

If you get my drift.

Click.
Reemster
Vanilla Ice look-alike
21 IQ
Fair enough
Quote by rank-n-file

Quote by Resiliance

scheck006
202 IQ
why are so many shredders so fat?

but look at that pinky go!
NevermorePsalm
Steven Wilson's Hippy
556 IQ
I never really liked his tone...
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Me neither.

Click.
Mascot
UG Addict
894 IQ
Quote by NevermorePsalm
I never really liked his tone...

I don't either - I just thought his tone on that one song was great.
SnowballofDoom
UG's Pity Friend
13 IQ
I like him and his tone, so nyah.

Granted, I haven't heard anything from him that was "different", but I do still like him..
Quote by Resiliance
I ain't dissin' ya bro.

I be doin' some 'o dat sarcasm **** right thurr.
Reemster
Vanilla Ice look-alike
21 IQ
By the way, there will be two DVD releases of him this year. One is an instructional DVD, and the other is a concert he did in January to celebrate the release of his second solo album.
So if you're into a boring guitar player with suck-ish tone, go check that out.

Quote by rank-n-file

Quote by Resiliance