Hey wasup? A few weeks back I posted unfinished versions of these songs. Anyway my band broke up a few weeks back... thank goodness... so me and the rythm guit started a new band named Swerftog (It's Afrikaans - I think it means Odysee in English). Please take a look at them and comment on them (esp. the lead parts). Included in the zipfile are GP files. I posted this earlier this week but only got like 1 reply. I think it's because it was in the wrong thread...

Scroll down for midi files
Attachments:
My songs.zip
Quote by unplugtheradio
one time i looked at my clock and it said "kill your parents"

so i made pancakes.
Last edited by Cure4theitch at Jun 12, 2006,
they both were solid songs but u had some problems

They were very similar in parts such as the chorus going from a higher power chord to the 2 mutes then a lower powerchord. If those two songs were played next to eachother on the radio id think they were the same song with a different melody. but I am just knitpicking here

The solos. It sounds like your trying to hard to solo. One thing that can make it A LOT better is if u kinda do the unexpected. Have the solo start on the 2nd beat and do that for a few bars. It makes it sounds sophisticated like ur a pro and u know what ur doing. I also thought the solos sounded alike and i absolutely hated the 3 consecutive full bends

Put some drums in! Even though u dont have a drummer yet. why not put drums in? it makes it sound better anyway

I absolutely loved the chorus in closure because of one guitar playing the octaves and one playing the chords. Thats kinda what I was saying with the solos. The chords dont always play and it makes it sound sophisticated

The lead parts were ok, i mean they fit really well but I wanted it to be a little less alike for each time

Your songs are good, i hope your band does well

Plz check out mine https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373101
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Thanx for the crit man. Listenin to you song as i'm typing. I see what you mean with the chords in the chorus. When I play it the rythm does differ though, I just can't seem to get my rythms correct on GP.
Quote by unplugtheradio

so i made pancakes.
May i please ask for some midi files? not many people have guitar pro you see
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.
Sure the midi files are attached to this message.
Attachments:
Midi files.zip
Quote by unplugtheradio

so i made pancakes.
Closure: I'm loving the whole song so far. The lead work is really good. Full of emotion. There is really nothing at all wrong with this song. Just got to the solo. Dude you can write solos that are 10 times better than mine. i'm officially jealous. 9/10

Kyk Waar: This is even better than Closure. Still with great emotion in the leads and clean guitar, but it is heavy as well. The chorus lead is my favourite part so far. The solo in this one is good but not as good as the one in closure, i love the run up to the solo though. The worst part is the ending note. 8/10

Please Crit Mine - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375067
Quote by masterohumans
there is something wrong with you that has nothing to do with that instrument you want to build.