I was trying to learn some songs from the "Songs youre most proud of" thread, and i came across Blackbird. I pretty much get the triad (except for those quaver things ) and I wasn't sure what a double stop was. Anyone care to help me out on this one? I think i should know this seeing as ive been playing for almost 2 and a half years, but whatev'
Proud Member Of The Bass Militia

PM Nutter_101 To Join
Its simply a 2 note chord 2 notes played at the same time
Make Love Not War!!! & I love Ally!! [8.12.06] To Be Married 10-25-08
A powerchord. A root+a 5th= a powerchord/double stop. It's not a real chordm see as it has not major or minor 3rd, but its still called one.
Quote by MastaBassist10
A powerchord. A root+a 5th= a powerchord/double stop. It's not a real chordm see as it has not major or minor 3rd, but its still called one.

A power chord is a type of double stop, but so is a root/3rd combination.

A double stop is simply two notes played at the same time. Any two notes, except maybe octaves if you want to get technical.

And, technically, a double stop isn't a chord. Chords, by definition, have three or more notes.
Computer programmers are loopy.
- That's one of my own!
A double stop is simply two notes or tones played simultaneoulsy. Like the beginning of Blackbird, the two 4th fret harmonics. That would be a harmonic double stop.
Has anyone got Blackbird they can send me? I've not heard it... Would be grateful. Sounds like a song i should be learning
I'll download it right now because I ahven't had it since I reformatted my computer. I'll send it to you.