If you rea a section of the stickyabove this forum, it says to have a riff ready when buying so they take you seriously. What's the riff that you use? Mine are the opening riffs to Raining Blood by Slayer and Ain't Talkin Bout Love by Van Halen.
Dickless.
smoke on teh water!!1alonwls

edit: but seriously, i normally play cemetery gates or dream theater or something.
Quote by MetalMilitia212
If you rea a section of the stickyabove this forum, it says to have a riff ready when buying so they take you seriously. What's the riff that you use? Mine are the opening riffs to Raining Blood by Slayer and Ain't Talkin Bout Love by Van Halen.

Haha well observed, but I personally don't have one.
Love is not a victory march.
i have a few. van halen's hot for teacher, and somebody get me a doctor i play them all the way through.

then if its in the fender room, i play SRV's So Excited, hendrix's Little Wing. part of Lenny, john mayer stuff, various blues licks.

i also play jerry c's canon in d version.

usually i am not there to show anybody im serious because i don't really care what people think of me in the store. i play to myself.

the way i look at it, if the workers are going to insult you on your playing, they don't want your buisness.
http://richmusic.dmusic.com

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible."
Quote by rich2k4
i have a few. van halen's hot for teacher, and somebody get me a doctor i play them all the way through.

then if its in the fender room, i play SRV's So Excited, hendrix's Little Wing. part of Lenny, john mayer stuff, various blues licks.

i also play jerry c's canon in d version.

usually i am not there to show anybody im serious because i don't really care what people think of me in the store. i play to myself.

the way i look at it, if the workers are going to insult you on your playing, they don't want your buisness.

thats true, but they'll most likely take you more seriously if you play well, as opposed to someone just starting out thats never bought a guitar.
Dickless.
Arppeggioes from Hell and various Maiden licks.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
Don't damn me by GnR all the way through.

Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
saturday night special, satch boogie, for the love of god....anything else that comes to mind

then i usually pick up a hello kitty squire and plug into the nearest marshall MG and play smell like teen spirit, just for kicks
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
saturday night special, satch boogie, for the love of god....anything else that comes to mind

then i usually pick up a hello kitty squire and plug into the nearest marshall MG and play smell like teen spirit, just for kicks

Those hello kitty! guitars are the most kvlt thing in the world. Any metal band w/o one of those is just a mass of poseurs. Seriously. And the MG, my God, that must be the most metal rig ever! /sarcasm

I usually play Walk by Pantera, any random ACDC stuff that's on my mind, Iron Man, Sweet Leaf, and the list just goes on. Basically any random stuff that's on my mind at the time. I spend a lot of time on a guitar just noodling around to get the feel for it though i.e. random tapping and things like that.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
I don't plan stuff to play there, I just play, but like usual, I can't think what to play, so I improvise for about 20 mins until I've thought...
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Seek and destroy, one solo, random tapping solos....
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
the beginning of Summer Song (Live In San Fransisco vevrsion) by Satch, it has cool rock and roll stuff in it, and lets you mess around with the pots so you get a feel for the guitar
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
I usually play a few riffs from "Children Of The Damned" by Iron Maiden and then play the solo. The song is easy as hell but it does sound pretty sweet nonetheless.
i just mess about and widdle etc when trieing guitars...
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
cemetary gates by pantera
circles by satch

thats about it. then i randomly think of something else
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Strats - Hey joe, little wing, some SRV, clapton, random blues soloing
LPs - GnR, Velvet Revolver, maybe some zeppelin now and then
SG's - AC/DC, especially thunderstruck :P
BC Rich, ESP, etc. - Enter Sandman, Fade To Black, some ozzy maybe
and i always gotta pull out Stairway to Heaven for acoustics
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
got a few actually. i like to play "cold and ugly" crazy****edup solo and all. "nutshell" by alice in chains. the opening to "cemetary gates", the acoustic part and when dime comes in whailing.