Hi, i recently purchased a fender twin reverb (the one with a vibrato, 65 watts of tube) and i was wondering will i be able to get a lot of different sounds from it?

I have a Pod Xt live thats going to run in front of it so.... this amp arrives tomorrow. (monday)

answers would be great, thanks in advance

EDIT: I know this amp is SUPER clean, but now i just don't know if the pod will get anything from rock to blues to jazz to metal....
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
^Yeah teh POD will work, but Twin reverbs are more for clean sounds, but also get an Overdrive and you can get some overdriven sounds.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yeah with the Pod, you could model like.. a freakin Mesa Boogie Recto, and then switch it off for like.. ubergasmic cleans.
Just wondering, but why didn't you ask that before you went out and bought it? Get a good deal?
Quote by Roc8995
Just wondering, but why didn't you ask that before you went out and bought it? Get a good deal?

well, truthfully i was like "hmm, uber cleans + pod = heaven" but then i just was having second thoughts. I got this amp for $400 brand new. i've got....connections
Quote by yorkshireterror
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
For $400, you can't go wrong. You can always sell it for twice as much. The POD should sound quite good with a twin. Good luck carrying it, though.
Quote by DunlopGuy
well, truthfully i was like "hmm, uber cleans + pod = heaven" but then i just was having second thoughts. I got this amp for $400 brand new. i've got....connections

You wanna connect me to some of those connections?

I've been looking for a Super Reverb RI at a good price for a little while now.

But yeah, I've heard nothing but great things about the POD XTL, so I'm sure you won't have a problem with it.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Zeppelin256
You wanna connect me to some of those connections?

I've been looking for a Super Reverb RI at a good price for a little while now.

But yeah, I've heard nothing but great things about the POD XTL, so I'm sure you won't have a problem with it.

all i can get is fenders and a few others MAYBE..... and btw, i have no idea what amp your talking about lol
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
Get an overdrive pedal or two with it too, t'would sound amazing for rock etc.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
wait, why would i need OD pedals and stuff? the pod has a tubescreamer's and fuzz pedals and much more
Quote by yorkshireterror

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by DunlopGuy
wait, why would i need OD pedals and stuff? the pod has a tubescreamer's and fuzz pedals and much more

There's nothing like the real thing.
You wouldn't have to, of course, but I guarantee individual pedals will sound better. If you use a ton of the functions of the POD, keep it. If you only use a couple, get real pedals.
You wouldn't necessarily NEED an OD pedal, but an actual pedal would probably be more responsive to a tube amp than the POD.

Quote by DunlopGuy
all i can get is fenders and a few others MAYBE..... and btw, i have no idea what amp your talking about lol

And the Super Reverb is a Fender amp. It's pretty similar to a Twin Reverb, actually.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-65-Super-Reverb-Combo-Amp?sku=480703&src=3WFRWXX

Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Real overdrives will sound natural with the amp, and the POD things like that would be a bit digital/processed and so on.
Try a few out and find out the differences.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30