Page 1 of 2
yeah check it out and tell me what you think! http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2727303
my guitar is like my umbillical cord, its directly connected to my head-Kirk Hammett

Quote by FrEaKGuItArIsT
He's hiding.
Don't make him mad.
He's got a gun to my head as I type thi-

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
You have no sense of time, you speed up and down at random.
Metronome.. or a backing track at least.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Good, clean part needs to be slower though...but still very good
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
oh i have sense of time. i think its time for you to shut up.
my guitar is like my umbillical cord, its directly connected to my head-Kirk Hammett

Quote by FrEaKGuItArIsT
He's hiding.
Don't make him mad.
He's got a gun to my head as I type thi-

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
just a little constructive criticism, don't get pissy.

EDIT

You have a pretty sweet guitar.
Quote by iamhighonchrist

^_^; Hehe, your time and phrasing is off in this song. You might have a sense of time, but we're talking about the ability to play guitar, not to read a clock. I looked at those other guitar videos as well, you have time issues which can be fixed with a metronome. On the plus side, your hat reminds me of Ash from Pokemon. Oh, the 90s. Anyway.

To start of you guitar tone isn't very good, what kind of amp are you playing through? You've got a rather nice guitar but you should probably get a better amp or reconsider your settings. Timing and phrasing is poor, as stated above. If you're going to play it faster or slower, stick to one. Excess string ringing is a big issue, work on left hand and right hand muting. You're cutting short notes that should be held at the end of some parts too.
not terrible, but as said before, your timing is quite off in places. Many parts seem rushed, and other parts sound completely wrong. You should practice with either a backing track or the actual song.

And dont flame people for trying to be constructive.
Quote by dyingbreed88
just a little constructive criticism, don't get pissy.

EDIT

You have a pretty sweet guitar.

Amen. Very nice guitar
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
aside from what everyone else says (which i agree with) the 'solo' is wrong. i think about 50% of your notes were wrong. not a terrible effort, but needs lots of practice and polish.
Its all downpicked, and pick every note on the rythym guitar. I recomend you to play it along with a backtrack or a GuitarPro midi file. You can find it here: www.guitarbt.com

BTW how long have you been playing?.
Last edited by El Cumanés at Jun 11, 2006,
Quote by iamhighonchrist

You dickhead YOU shut up you posted and asked people what they think

You obviously can play fast... but the timing is so way off it doesnt sound too good but all you need to do is either buy a metronome or a sense of rhythm keep workin 6/10
yea it wasnt the greatest

crit my avenged sevenfold cover

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5834869#post5834869
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by iamhighonchrist

but you don't, thats the funny part. Your playing is good though.
Read my post. Not this.
That was good, the interlude was way to fast and the interlude solos were off, cool guitar. And also, get a sense of time and bring it back on here.
way off time.. I could barely hear anything you were playing, it just way to messy... just like everyone else said, if your going to put a cover on here for other people to crit, dont be a douchebag about it.
Quote by Heid
More realistically....I once tried to give myself head....I gave myself a sore neck and a loss of pride...
LISTEN TO ME PLAY!
Your timing is horrible.
Quote by haveaniceday233
no im not the typical kind of guy who wants to play fall out boy and all that shi*t its pretty gay so no i wouldnt sell out

Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, selling out totally changes your sexual preference.
you need to get rid of those upstrokes. and the timing is off. you need to play along with a metronome or a backing track.
Quote by iamhighonchrist

Hahah are you kidding? You played it SO much faster, and it sounded like ass in multiple parts. I wouldn't be rude normally but you call yourself awesome and then bitch at someones crit.
Well, it definately needs a lot of practice. You're on the right track though.

Anyways, are you entering this in the contest?
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
im not a fan of your tone. lot of timing issues.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

The title of this thread is a little misleading. Timing and tone were less than desireable.
you need a sense of time and rhythm. the way i do it is practice along with the CD. thats how i get my sense of timing and rhythm. its my only way since i cant find me metronome.
Us and Them
You try and play it all like you're on crack, try slowing down. I don't understand how you can play MoP too fast...
Quote by iamhighonchrist

how about you shut up and listen to the comments people make, you put your stuff up to be critted, so take it when it's bad crit

oh and in the verse it's all DOWNPICKED
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by FlyingVortex
Its time for you to do two things

1) Play with a Metronome
2) Get a haircut

listen to this guy, he knows what he's on about

EDIT: AND he's from New Zealand
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Very nice guitar. Umm some of it wasnt too bad, its a lot rushed through out. Id say use guitar pro or something and learn it slowly and get it really down. It looks like your struggling with the whole thing. The whole song is played with down strokes, when you cross pick it ya loose the feel of the whole thing, needs more palm muting. You need to be more sure of the riffs, work on the timing.

Just got to the clean part, your notes are ringing out and making a mess of it. Interlude is fubbled alot. Again more and better palm muting needed.

Looks like your getting tired now lol.

Well ive heard worse but ive heard better too.

Sowwie to be such a bitch, i could lie to you?

It rocked.
why play it so fast? it would sound MUCH better if you played it slower and really learned all the parts.
I look forward to you making another thread about this vid, you've made 3 already now? Maybe more.
These go to eleven...
Quote by iamhighonchrist

What is your problem? You record a half-assed version of a song EVERYBODY knows. If it's not at least above-average it's gonna get bashed you knew that. I offered constructive criticism, your timing is really off, so I let you know, just like everyone else did, and you lose your mind. It'd be fine if you knew what you were talking about, but you don't, if you think you're in time you should get a teacher.

Bottom line here is don't post a cover of something that's not very well done and then cry when people criticize you. This is what this forum is for.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Rofl, took me a while to figure out what riffs he was playing.

This is seriously bad. I simply cannot understand how you can't tell that your timing is way off.

HAHAHAHAHA, omg the interlude. So random.

ROFL THE SOLO. Christ, it sounds like a mouse being put through a cheese grater.

Basically, you seem to be the kind of person who believes that speed is better then accuracy but to be honest YOU NEED TO SLOW THE **** DOWN. And learn how to stay in time.

I feel sorry for the wonderful guitar.
Quote by human-blasphamy
Didnt MCR do that song The Gay Parade It went like this
when I was A young boy
My father took me to the bedroom
and told me not to tell
wow, you really don't have a sence of time. everything is wrong.

lol interlude, uh TIMING DUDE

timing..
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

Page 1 of 2