i know about eight million of these threads have been made before but I need some help.

I want a really cheap guitar, (like 100.00 USD), because the guitar I have now, though it's a great guitar, bugs me because it has a floyd rose and it's a pain to re-tune. I have that guitar permanently dropped C, so I want a guitar I can play in everything else (I use drop C the most but i do use others). I need some help, I play metal bands like Children of Bodom and Mudvayne, and also some 80's metal like Ozzy or Iron Maiden. I've been playing for only a year and a half, but i have been told by guitar players for 20-30 years that i'm one of the best 1.5 year guitars players they know. To add to what I said before, I also don't want a floyd rose or any tremolo for that matter, no locking nuts because those just anoy me, and I would like for it to have two humbuckers.

Please, some help.

Thanks,
-pHaKe
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
dude, wait and save up.

You arent going to get a decent guitar with 100 bucks. Wait on it, be patient, and get a mid-level/high end guitar. It doesnt make sense to throw away $100 on a piece of ****, and that's what you're going to get with that amount of money.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 11, 2006,
Quote by GardenGnome26
dude, wait and save up.

You arent going to get a decent guitar with 100 bucks. Wait on it, be patient, and get a mid-level/high end guitar.

I would pay more but im not allowed, if i could i'd buy the esp ec 2004 model, but I can't. I'm not allowed, it sucks, and im losing all of the songs i could play before i got my new gtr, , so i need a cheap one cuz thats all im allowed to spend.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
well, I can guarantee that you'll regret it. Anything that cheap will feel like a toy in your hands. Every guitar player is faced with some impulsory need buy more guitars, but seriously, 100 bucks?

Granted, if you do decide to buy with that money, I'm sure you'd end up with something like a cheap strat copy, a low-end epiphone, or a B.C. Rich Warlock. And while I'm not bashing cheap guitars, they're not for someone with your experience.
Last edited by GardenGnome26 at Jun 11, 2006,
i know 100 bucks sucks, but i'm gonna get and esp ec-50, or a viper 50, i was alloted to spend 200.
convince your parents that if they let you spend more money that you will be able to advance your skill and become a better musician. tell them that $100 wont get you anything. if they say than don't spend the $100 at all, tell them to take the extra money out of a birthday or christmas present
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Get $170 extra so you can get a RG-321.
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
if 100 is all you can spend...eh..you wont be able to get much.

but i guess the only guitar i know thats 100 and doesnt completely suck @$$ is an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. it has 1 humbucker.

i would just save if i were you.
Or just tell them that a guitar is not worth 100, or a 100$ guitar isnt a guitar... I cant really recommend anything for that price. Maybe an Agile?
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
y dont u sell the one u have that u dont like and have more $$$ to buy a nice guitar without a FR that will be easier to tune and stuff?
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
normally, when someone asks for a $100 guitar, ill point them to this one.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Evo-XM-Electric-Guitar?sku=519795
dean evo xm.

because, u dont want any sort of trem bridge in a starter guitar. any type of trem will just throw the guitar out of tune.

But, in ur case, i dont see how getting a starter as a second guitar is going to help.

SO INSTEAD, i suggest u get a trem block. something to block up ur floyd, making it a fixed bridge.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2006/Allparts-Tremol-No.html
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 11, 2006,
definitely save up and get something better. i would say the next step from a $100 toy would be something from $250 to $400. if u can go up to that price range get a $375 fat strat or another name for it, a strat HSS. its way worth it. by the way, what kind of amp r u using?