Ok, I'm really not happy with the sound I get from my DSL401 and Gibson LP Studio when I play stuff palm muted. It just sounds incredibly sterile. Also, it doesnt sound as good as I'd like it to when playing normally. Im not using any pedals, just guitar -> wireless -> amp. This is on low volume btw. I havent cranked the amp recently. I'm pretty sure it just needs some EQ work but I've tried so many combos and none sound right.

Any help?
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
Ever tried boosting it with an overdrive like an sd-1 to even out the sound a tad?
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
yeah, I was going to say, try something like a TS9 or OD808. They work great as a tone "tightener" if you set the OD low and balance high. It makes palm mutes nice and tight with some edge.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
It's most likely because of your low volume, try cranking it just for a while to see if you can fix it then.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
try a regular cable maybe, i find that wireless **** compresses the sound alot, ant itll prlly make u sound beter overall
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

i've got a Peavey Valveking 100watt stack and I have the same problem. Probably because the amp was geared towards classic rock. It has never been cranked because I live in a house I think I will buy a tubescreamer. Which one is best for metal btw 909 or 808?
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)