Page 2 of 24
Quote by diablos
"^ Wtf? Empuu Vuorinen is awesome, Listening to Wishmaster earlier reminded me of how great he is. Great riffs and when he goes for a solo (Sleeping sun, Nemo) they're amazing"

i dont think ive heard sleeping sun but the nemo solo is pretty par for the course. having heard him live, i was not impressed, his runs were quite rough.

also in terms of riffs alot of the stuff is just chordal and the keyboard player writes pretty much everything including vocal lines etc.

tarja has an angular beauty sexy vice though - mega hot points to her for that.

You do know you can just use the quote button right?
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
Quote by arch_enemy
Nightwish is the most suck ass band i have ever heard of, they suck more ass than a gay vaccum cleaner.
so to anyone who likes nightwish u are a bunch of ball lickers
muhahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your input, it was very much appreciated, you stupid shitcake.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
They are pretty decent. I am torn. I like the vocals of Within Temptation more than Nightwish, but I like everything else save the vocals of Nightwish more than Within Temptation. That isn't to say that Tarja is bad, she's just a "meh" vocalist.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by narmi
Sometimes she looks do-able, however sometimes she looks like a troll.....

EWWWWWW!!! Damn Trolls and their inclusion in metal.

Yah, so I've got Once... its their worst album at least guitar wise and instrument wise, but the songs as songs aren't bad on their... Planet Hell, The Siren, and Ghost Love Score are all good, and Dark Chest of Wonders is alright.... but hey getting it used for $8.00 I guess isn't that bad of a deal... but yah Wishmaster or Oceanborn are probably their best ones... I hope they get a new vocalist with a more powerful and less sweet voice.... of course that might make them more like every other power metal band out their... hopefully they'll get one that can do both.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

I have End of an Era! for whoever was asking! and its AWESOME!! you can really see why Tarja got fired too, her husband's a complete w*nker. And the band really hated him. And the concert is really amazing, I think Emppu Vuorinen is a lot better than people give him credit for, the tapping solos in Over The Hills And Far away are really good!
Quote by Op3th
They are pretty decent. I am torn. I like the vocals of Within Temptation more than Nightwish, but I like everything else save the vocals of Nightwish more than Within Temptation. That isn't to say that Tarja is bad, she's just a "meh" vocalist.

Well it's all personal preference, but Tarja is a hell of a lot more than a "meh" singer, as a matter of fact. And Tarjas live vocals are tons better than Sharons for sure.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
I dont like them. And if you think Tarja is hot you need to get higher standards. Then again, not everyone sees beauty in the same way.
best bit of the nightwish dvd is on the extras where they're all talking in finnish, tarja says she has something stuck in her teeth and goes to get it out, the band and tarja's argentinian husband wait around for her and the drummer says 'its a strip of foreskin' and they all start laughing.... tarja's husband doesnt want to seem like a tool so he joins in even though he can't speak finnish. ah, what a muppet.

EDIT: hehee, resurrecting an old thread....
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Nov 28, 2006,
Who the hell said empuu sucked, man that guy writes just awesome riffs, simple yes, but awesome, example.: Romanticide (Great Solo as well), Beauty of the beast (about halfway through), Slaying the dreamer(Intro), Elvenpath (good solo as well), and i have to mentionm the walking in thin air solo, and live he is just as good, watch From Wishes To Eternity or End Of An Era, or that concert on Fabchannel.com or whatever.

Anyway, Nightwish ****in own, Once is one of the best albums ever, its on my top 5, and oceanborn, angels fall first, wishmaster and over the hills and far away are all hihgly addictice.
Nightwish= one of the greatist bands ever hands down, toumas's writting is supurb and so is tarjas singing
Have they gotten a new vocalist? I don't really pay attention to them that much.

They are great though, in small doses. Their cover of Phantom of the Opera is sweet, some catchy as hell songs. Wanderlust pwns too.
Quote by Ascendancy5
I just heard these guys yesterday. They remind me too much of Dream Theater.

No.

Quote by BrofUJu
Have they gotten a new vocalist? I don't really pay attention to them that much.

Unfortunately not, and it's not gonna change until 2007 the earliest (and I just have doubts they will ever find an adequate replacement). Can't wait for a new release though. I really hope Marco will have more vocal parts on the new record....
mir ist kalt...
Quote by The Oceanborn
No.

Unfortunately not, and it's not gonna change until 2007 the earliest (and I just have doubts they will ever find an adequate replacement). Can't wait for a new release though. I really hope Marco will have more vocal parts on the new record....

Tuomas wants a soul singer, like alicia keys. Let us all hope he changes his mind. The Oceanborn, when I signed up to UG i wanted your screen name, and was very disapointed to find out it was already taken by you. So, erm... well done, its a very pretty name.....
lol actually I wouldn't mind getting rid of it, I don't really like it anymore for some reason... Shall we start the negociations with 10 Euros?
mir ist kalt...
No.
mir ist kalt...
Quote by arch_enemy
Nightwish is the most suck ass band i have ever heard of, they suck more ass than a gay vaccum cleaner.
so to anyone who likes nightwish u are a bunch of ball lickers
muhahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it could be stated more eloquently but i have similar feelings on this matter, but most nightwish fans ive met have been girls so i dont mind if they are ball lickers, the ass sucking is negotiable based on their hotness
Quote by Ungero
i think it could be stated more eloquently but i have similar feelings on this matter, but most nightwish fans ive met have been girls so i dont mind if they are ball lickers, the ass sucking is negotiable based on their hotness

GRRRR I hate people like you. I almost feel bad for liking nightwish because i'm an 18 year old female so clearly conform to your ridiculous stereotype. Go jump off a bridge. They are a good band, nobody cares about your opinion of the fans.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
GRRRR I hate people like you. I almost feel bad for liking nightwish because i'm an 18 year old female so clearly conform to your ridiculous stereotype. Go jump off a bridge. They are a good band, nobody cares about your opinion of the fans.

its true though

it doesnt bother me that you like them, and i honestly dont even know if they are talented because i cant listen to them. i just dont like the soundscapes they make, primarily because it makes me imagine feminine male elves making out while riding a pegasus on a rainbow in a gothic lisa frank environment

i shall now return to music that makes me imagine people in silent hill ripping their eyes out because jesus loves them and we dont want that, mutilated undead creatures devouring the living, ancient egyptian gods obliterating the wicked, and other things of that ilk
Well then you might want to recheck your sexual preference, you might willingly want to imagine feminine male elves making out.....

and if you dont like nightwish, then uh, leave.
Quote by CyanideAssassin
Well then you might want to recheck your sexual preference, you might willingly want to imagine feminine male elves making out.....

and if you dont like nightwish, then uh, leave.

could have been a girl saying that? I'm always too lazy to click on peoples avatar to find out.
on topic: how did nightwish get such a bad rep for being loved by fat 14 year old goth girls?
I wonder how the male fans feel when they go a Nightwish concert

Oceanborn is my favorite with Once at a second. Their first CD was decent if they didn't let that guy sing
when i saw nightwish live there werent a whole bunch of girls there, there were just as many guys, and i felt ****ing fantastic when i saw them.

And to the comment about the guy who cant sing, yeah i know what you mean, the remakes on over the hills and far away were better male vocals
Quote by CyanideAssassin

then by my statements id think nightwish is a fabulous band wouldnt i?
Quote by Paroxysm
I wonder how the male fans feel when they go a Nightwish concert

Erm. Enough stereotypes now. I am male, very heterosexual and I like Nightwish. And I have been to a Nightwish concert, where actually more male, "normal" metalfans were there than girls, of which most were 16 and older and most weren't goth. So please, kids, if you have no clue what the hell you are talking about, DON'T DO IT.
mir ist kalt...
Quote by The Oceanborn
And I have been to a Nightwish concert, where actually more male, "normal" metalfans were there than girls, of which most were 16 and older and most weren't goth.

thats because metal is a well known sausage fest. compare the amount of girls there to any tech death concert for example.
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
Quote by Ungero

Quote by Ungero
thats because metal is a well known sausage fest. compare the amount of girls there to any tech death concert for example.

Nightwish are in the METAL forum. Because Nightwish are a METAL band. so you've just contradicted yourself quite a bit haven't you??
Immortal.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
^lol. I think I'm gonna report you...
mir ist kalt...
I have one thing to say, and one thing only:

CENTURY CHILD.

/thread
I love Nightwish, especially the 'Once' album. Dont get me wrong, i love most of their older stuff too but Once blew my mind, Ghost Love Score is a truly awesome piece of work.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Nightwish are in the METAL forum. Because Nightwish are a METAL band. so you've just contradicted yourself quite a bit haven't you??

i dont think you understand quite well what i said, or what contradiction means, but no, i didnt contradict myself at all. the genre metal is a sausage fest, the band nightwish has a larger female following than most other metal bands. nightwish alone doesnt shape the genre. i never said they werent metal, i just implied that i didnt like them and that they have a lot of female fans.

most is not synonymous with all, by the way. and the term "ive" means that the following statement refers to me.
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
Last edited by Ungero at Dec 1, 2006,
Quote by Ungero
i dont think you understand quite well what i said, or what contradiction means, but no, i didnt contradict myself at all. the genre metal is a sausage fest, the band nightwish has a larger female following than most other metal bands. nightwish alone doesnt shape the genre. i never said they werent metal, i just implied that i didnt like them and that they have a lot of female fans.

most is not synonymous with all, by the way. and the term "ive" means that the following statement refers to me.

Who cares how many female fans they have?

Nightwish > you. They are and have been my favorite band for quite some time, which is rare.. only other time I loved one band more than any other for more than ~6 months was when I first got into Dream Theater
Eh, they're like DragonForce: in one sense, they are good, but in another, they're cheesy power metal. And I'm not too crazy about Tarja's voice. I like opera vocals more like the chick from Cradle of Filth.