Page 3 of 24
Quote by Ungero
i dont think you understand quite well what i said, or what contradiction means, but no, i didnt contradict myself at all. the genre metal is a sausage fest, the band nightwish has a larger female following than most other metal bands. nightwish alone doesnt shape the genre. i never said they werent metal, i just implied that i didnt like them and that they have a lot of female fans.

most is not synonymous with all, by the way. and the term "ive" means that the following statement refers to me.

You don't like nightwish, so why are you posting in here? why did you do it in the first place?

Just leave, you made your worthless point of letting us know you dont like nightwish,

ANYWAY

To be back on the topic, who here has seen nightwish live? i saw them on once upon a tour and it was awesome.
is there a rule that says we can only make positive posts, i didnt remember seeing one in any rules/faqs i saw but i could be mistaken

what kind of post has worth? is your who saw nightwish on tour trivia somehow meaningful? explain what makes a meaningful post in a way that could make a nihilist understand, wait... thats impossible
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
Last edited by Ungero at Dec 1, 2006,
Quote by CyanideAssassin

To be back on the topic, who here has seen nightwish live? i saw them on once upon a tour and it was awesome.

Great live band, it was a very good show, superb playing/singing, good setlist althouh I missed a few songs there (Over the hills, anything from Oceanborn...)

Quote by Ungero

is there a rule that says we can only make positive posts, i didnt remember seeing one in any rules/faqs i saw but i could be mistaken

what kind of post has worth? is your who saw nightwish on tour trivia somehow meaningful? explain what makes a meaningful post in a way that could make a nihilist understand, wait... thats impossible

Just shut up and leave, kid. You don't even know what nihilsm is and then noone wants to read posts like yours. Be constructive, talk about music here and if you don't like the band then don't come here. Thank you.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
Dumb question but, Has NW ever toured North america?
Quote by Needled 24/7

haha that is SO messed up, its hilarious.

Emo
Rap
People
Metal

My gear
-ESP Alexi 600
-Ibanez RG7321 7-string
-Fender Katana
-Washburn Tabu TB200
-CRATE Blue Voodoo Half stack.
Quote by The Oceanborn
Great live band, it was a very good show, superb playing/singing, good setlist althouh I missed a few songs there (Over the hills, anything from Oceanborn...)

Just shut up and leave, kid. You don't even know what nihilsm is and then noone wants to read posts like yours. Be constructive, talk about music here and if you don't like the band then don't come here. Thank you.

i love you. talking down to, and insulting a person is a great way to get them to listen to your suggestions. your logic is impeccable. i feel a great urge to be constructive and talk about music or leave now. impressive. are you like a psychology major? do you have a phd? if not i really think thats your calling.

und, du kannst mich mal am arsch lecken.

oh yeah and when you try to tell people what they do and dont know, using commonly misspelled words such as "noone" which should be no one doesnt make you look very credible. just looking out for you friend
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
Last edited by Ungero at Dec 2, 2006,
*snort* hahaha. nice one.
Quote by Needled 24/7

Emo
Rap
People
Metal

My gear
-ESP Alexi 600
-Ibanez RG7321 7-string
-Fender Katana
-Washburn Tabu TB200
Quote by Ungero

und, du kannst mich mal am arsch lecken.

that was great.

Btw, I read that they are already recording and mixing new songs... I wonder how Tuomas does that without even knowing the voice of the new singer....
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
mir ist kalt...
Quote by Needled 24/7
Dumb question but, Has NW ever toured North america?

They tried but didnt have some permit so... went home again... I dunno, maybe they have since then. (not so useful)
Sigh. I realise that as possibly the most nightwish-obsessed person on UG I am gonna be the only person to keep resurrecting this thread (flogging a dead horse, whatever) But I found this.... new drum recording for the new album....... what do people think?

(you have to get about 3/4 way through the clip to hear the drums)

http://fanblog.nightwish.com/main.site?action=siteupdate/view&id=2

EDIT: link doesn't work. you have to go to the 2nd page of videos and select the 2nd one down.
Nightwish own. Tarja is a babe...hmmm...what else is there to say?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

Well, now theirs no more tarja, so what now?
Quote by Needled 24/7

Emo
Rap
People
Metal

My gear
-ESP Alexi 600
-Ibanez RG7321 7-string
-Fender Katana
-Washburn Tabu TB200
Quote by Needled 24/7
Well, now theirs no more tarja, so what now?

I'm still not sure...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
I loved the song She Is My Sin.
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

I'm still not sure...

YEah bro, shes gone. . .
IT sucks but accepting is the first step in healing this gap her departure has left in our souls. . .
Quote by Needled 24/7

Emo
Rap
People
Metal

My gear
-ESP Alexi 600
-Ibanez RG7321 7-string
-Fender Katana
-Washburn Tabu TB200
Quote by Dirtydeeds468

She's recording Finnish christmas music nowadays... pfft.

And the drumming sounds very typical for Nightwish, I'm not expecting a big difference in their instrumental parts.
Quote by Ungero

either way, this post hasnt got ANY worth...
ok you made your point, now go anoy people someplace else (no offence dude but this kinda stuff iritates people)

back to nightwish, cause that why i was gonna post in this tread..
but i havent seen em live yet i liked oceanborn the best although im not a huge fan of tarja's voice, so i hope they find a new vocalist soon!!
every man dies, not every man really lives

Originally Posted by Guitarplaya27
god so all those weird noises on those songs were bass...

jesus christ i like them
Hmm... I dunno about this band. I can't remember what song it was, but my girlfriend had it on her MySpace. It was good and all, but I just think her voice was too high for the music, and it kinda irritated me... I dunno, I'll like into them a bit more, they'll probably grow on me later.

--Masochist Lust
You get used to it I think in later songs the operatic stuff adds more atmosphere to it. I doubt I'll like whatever tramp replaces her

(Tarja purist :P)
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
You get used to it I think in later songs the operatic stuff adds more atmosphere to it. I doubt I'll like whatever tramp replaces her

(Tarja purist :P)

Lol, no worries man. I'll see if my girlfriend can bring around a couple of cd's when she comes around today. I'd like to try to get into them, I like the music, but the vocals annoy me.

--Masochist Lust
ah well, screw Tarja if she doesn't want to be in the band anymore. she never helped write any of the songs anyway, so bring on the new vocalist, and maybe a new potential songwriter.
it isn't that she didn't want to be in the band. The band sacked her the day after they recored End of an Era, cause she was a bitch. They are going to have a hard time finding some one with a vocal range like Tarja. Good luck to them
gear= Schecter Gryphon, Crate half stack cab, Crate Power Block head, Boss Mts, CH1, Ds1, Rv5, and DD3

All the same take me away
we're dead to the world

^^^ It wasn't that she was a bitch, it's that her husband was a bit of a dick and cos she was naive he became her manager, and she's signed over pretty much everything to him...... he still gets a say in her music and lots of profit if they ever get divorced. After he became her manager he followed her everywhere and started being like 'Tarja won't play this venue, it's too small/smoky/tickets aren't expensive enough' and cancelling a gigs without even telling her about them so she could practice for her solo stuff. He forced the band to stop travelling by tourbus and get flights everywhere for tarja's voice, and started making her travel seperately with him so the band only saw her on stage, then they would leave straight after. Some people say he's got her in a slavery contract.... I'm not sure if she's that stupid... Anyway the band always hated him and they just got fed up of him thinking he could control the band just because tarja was the frontwoman.
16.01.2007 - The auditions for the new vocalist have ended
The auditions for the new vocalist have ended, with more than 2000 demos sent to us. (yesterday, 15.1. we received 120 demos!) A big thanks to everybody! So please don`t send anymore demos, since now we need to concentrate on finishing the album recordings.

The new vocalist will be announced at the end of May, together with the release of a new single.

huh? I missed that one. Well let's hope she's worth the wait. If the new album is good, we could even hope for a good tour?

Excellent.
Even regular nightwish fans, not raging fangirls like me, will be interested so i bet tickets will be a bitch when they tour
Since they're probably still signed with Nuclear Blast, they'll promote them well enough to get enough people interested. And yeah, tickets might become expensive. Well they were 35 when I saw them, so not too bad.
mmm, only 12pounds to see them in london! I think they are still with nuclear blast so should be *****d pretty well..... cant wait......
LOL, in the first band I was in, we ended up with a singer who was a big Nightwish fan. We did a cover of 'Over the Hills and Far Away'. It's a fun song to play, but it was shite with a male singer, haha.

Probably completely unrelated to the current topic, but meh, whatever.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
It's a fun song to play, but it was shite with a male singer, haha.

You do know it was first by Gary Moore, don't you?
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
^No, I didn't haha.

I'm not really a fan, I don't mind them, but thats not something i'd know.

Learn something new everyday.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
*sigh* I found this and I may as well post it, for amusement and to keep the thread going

Look look its tarja!!
^ Really?

And does anyone know where I could get the End of an Era DVD? Amazon has it at $40 (ripoff).
I just discovered them not long ago. I really like their songs. And the vocals, for that matter. The first song I heard was Phantom of the Opera. That lead me to want to hear more out of curiosity, which led to Nemo, Wishmaster, Wish I had and Angel, Over The Hills and Far Away(I know, it was only a cover), and Nightquest.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
No not really but the resemblence is uncanny, that's EXACTLY how she does her makeup

Try NWshop.fi but i expect living in america you would have to pay postage that will make it about 40$, I dont know exchange rates but i paid 20 quid for mine i think thats about average priced?
^

So I did check out the store and use the converter and it's about $38

I guess it depends if I like Nightwish enough to cash out that much for one DVD or just get Therion - Celebrators of Becoming instead.

Decision, decision