Page 4 of 24
I admit i know nothing about american shops and what not, don't you have a big CD/dvd chain of shops? In the uk we have HMV and virgin megastores. I got mine from HMV for 20 pounds or so, surely a shop like tht in america would have it?

For the concert it is really worth getting. In the extras, it is good, but it is mainly them sulking around, after all they were depressed bout the tarja thing. For funny tour things i would recommend End of Innocence, quite cheap and a very in-depth history of the band, complete with stupid tour stuff like Marco Hietala (bassist) Running across the stage in his boxers with fireworks and 'large angel' written on his chest for the support band charon playing their song 'little angel'.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Feb 18, 2007,
Nightwish are god's i dont want to read throu everything so im sorry if a repost but

Nightwish or Edenbridge?
who did you think was better?

personally i thought nightwish was a hell of alot better then edenbridge
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
*sigh* I found this and I may as well post it, for amusement and to keep the thread going

Look look its tarja!!

Thats a dude....
What has emo done to this world.....
Hmmm u guys should listen to some proper metal but that my opinion.......... although i do think Jukka is a damn good drummer
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
Is it just me or does Tarja look like Davey Havok?
Nightwish aren't bad but they're too pretty for me at times.
Nightwish are awesome.

*inserts obligatory 'tarja is a babe' comment*
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by wintee_madness
Hmmm u guys should listen to some proper metal but that my opinion.......... although i do think Jukka is a damn good drummer

Enlighten me on that please
Awesome band, although there are times when the music can get a bit cheesy. I'm wondering when the band'll get a new vocalist and what she'll sound like.
Quote by Paroxysm
Enlighten me on that please

If you mean enlighten you on wat is proper metal, i mean that you should listen to bands who aren't listened to by 14 yr old emo girls unless you are one.......
nyrkki
But anyway i spose its not my place to tell ppl wat bands they should and shouldn't listen to soo umm maybe i should probably take back what i said hey
nyrkki
Quote by wintee_madness
If you mean enlighten you on wat is proper metal, i mean that you should listen to bands who aren't listened to by 14 yr old emo girls unless you are one.......

You know that's uncalled for. 14 year old emo girls listen to Hawthorne Heights, Nightwish is too happy and pretty for them. Shut up or you're going to get flamed because you can't just say a band sucks when surrounded by rabid fanboys/girls.
Didn't you read the tale
Where happily ever after was to kiss a frog?
Don't you know this tale
In which all I ever wanted
I'll never have
For who could ever learn to love a beast?

Such a happy song.
Meh. I like a bit of the Nightwish every now and then..doesn't bother me.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by wintee_madness

Dude, you listen to CoB. If I had a nickel for every 14 year old emo girl who listened to CoB I'd be rich.

And yes, Alexi Laiho does count as a 14 year old emo girl for all of you who are wondering.
heh being told to listen to 'proper metal' by someone with Lamb of God listed in their profile...
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by wintee_madness

If only I could find any emo girls (let alone anyone else) I know who listen to Nightwish

You judge a band by their fans? How lame.
Quote by wintee_madness

lol

You aren't wanted here.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Were Nightwish along with Within Temptation one of the first to rely heavily on female vocals in this style or do I just have my facts wrong?
Quote by Inimical
Dude, you listen to CoB. If I had a nickel for every 14 year old emo girl who listened to CoB I'd be rich.

And yes, Alexi Laiho does count as a 14 year old emo girl for all of you who are wondering.

Even though I like CoB, that's pretty great.
One of the advantages of living near Helsinki and being a local celeb: getting to chill with all the Nordic bands. And to tell you the harsh truth, everyone in this band are cruel-ass snobs. Saatana, seriously. It's like, Cradle Of Filth is a good black metal band, but any fan knows that Dani treats his fellow band members like shit. Nightwish did nothing but cling to themselves and one seriously started bandmouthing H.F.H from Turbonegro.
Going backstage with bands like 69 Eyes and HIM is always a joy, but not when people just shove it in your face.
Quote by wintee_madness

There comes a time when you stop caring about what others think and whats trendy to listen to, and just listen to music for the music. I call it 'musical maturity'.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Well.....here it is, the new single:

http://rapidshare.com/files/23307448/Nightwish_-_Eva.rar.html

I liked it a lot, seriously, but Ill let you guys come to your own conclusion about the new singer
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Not bad, not bad at all...

I don't like the new singer's voice as much as Tarja's. She seems a bit "poppier" in comparison to Tarja's more operatic style. I'm an opera fan, so I'll kinda miss that element. That being said, the replacement (what's her name, btw?) isn't half bad.
The new vocalist sounds like the vocalist from Cradle of Filth's Nymphetamine single.
Don't be derivative. Explore...
one of my favorite bands ever easily
i play piano and i play alot of classica music so im pretty open to them.
Dammit I messed up the download. Anywhere else I can get it?
Quote by GNR4EVER
Dammit I messed up the download. Anywhere else I can get it?

If you PM me with your e-mail, I'd be willing to send it to you.
I have to say... I'm disappointed with the new singer, at least for now. The song is good, nothing new but good. But her voice... she sounds like a singer in a cheap techno song. She is probably a good singer, but her voice is too thin.

BUt that is just the first impression, might change.
Thanks a lot oceanborn for sending me it... but god, for now I'm going to blame my tinny laptop speakers for her voice being like that. I didn't want to believe it was nightwish till Marco Hietala started singing =/
The song's alright but nothing special. I hope the rest of the album is better, and perhaps they can gag her for live shows or something. They do everything else by tape nowadays anyway
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the rather important news regarding these guys.

Well, for those not in the know...

Nightwish have finally released the identity of Tarja's replacement.

Sarah Brightman. Andrew Lloyd Webber's ex and star of Phantom of the Opera. Rather fitting I must say. And they've re-named the band... to 'Brightwish'.

Brightwish, why do I think that it sounds like rubbish name? lol.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Quote by Dyer's Eve
I'm surprised no-one has mentioned the rather important news regarding these guys.

Well, for those not in the know...

Nightwish have finally released the identity of Tarja's replacement.

Sarah Brightman. Andrew Lloyd Webber's ex and star of Phantom of the Opera. Rather fitting I must say. And they've re-named the band... to 'Brightwish'.

Brightwish, why do I think that it sounds like rubbish name? lol.

...?

Brightwish? The fuck?

EDIT- Brahahahahahaha...I totally forgot about that.

/feels like a dumbass.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Lemme guess?

April issue of Terrorizer?

Released on the 1st of April?

brew ha ha

March 29th actually.

Fucking Nub.

LOL.

EDIT: Shit, I only just clicked. Err...

No comment.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Last edited by Dyer's Eve at Mar 31, 2007,
Just heard the song (Thanks again Quintessence) And I thought it was pretty good, The new vocalist sounds a lot like Liv Kristine
Why was it leaked so early anyway? It's meant to be available for download in may.

Please let them not have finished editing her voice yet. Please.
Actually I came to doubting that this is actually the real new single... I mean there is plenty of Nightwish copies, and Marco has sung in many projects and bands...