Page 5 of 24
^ Wow you really don't want this to be the new vocalist do you?
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
planet hell is an awesome song that bass man has an interesting voice
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Quote by GNR4EVER
^ Wow you really don't want this to be the new vocalist do you?

No I think I died a little inside when I heard it.
A bit of a thread ressurection, but I got a quick question for you nightwish fans:
I was never a big fan of Nightwish, but I heard the song Planet Hell, and I was like "holy shit, awesome."
Are there more songs by them that have the guy's voice in it? It reminds me of cheesy 80's, which I love (It's why I'm a yngwie fan) Or feel that heavy? It was pretty badass to me, I'd like some more, any suggestions for specific songs?
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
Last edited by AngilasGuy at Apr 9, 2007,
Quote by AngilasGuy
A bit of a thread ressurection, but I got a quick question for you nightwish fans:
I was never a big fan of Nightwish, but I heard the song Planet Hell, and I was like "holy shit, awesome."
Are there more songs by them that have the guy's voice in it? It reminds me of cheesy 80's, which I love (It's why I'm a yngwie fan) Or feel that heavy? It was pretty badass to me, I'd like some more, any suggestions for specific songs?

Their Phantom of the Opera cover has guy vocals.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sAI9pYweJ-k

She looks like a banana ffs.
Quote by garden of grey

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sAI9pYweJ-k

She looks like a banana ffs.

Yeah no shit. The thing I hate most about this gig is the ****ing microphones matching her dresses in colour...

further Nightwish songs with male vocals:

Devil & The Deep Dark Ocean
Pharao Sails to Orion
The Kinslayer
Tenth Man Down
Astral Romance (from the Over the Hills EP)

They are all great, check them out.
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
Yeah, they're nice. Once in a while (hehe get it, "once"? Okay, I'll shut up now). But too much of them is bad. I did love them once (man I am on a ROLL here!) upon a time but it wore off.
Heh. You're on a roll. Like some ham or a steak.

Anyway, Nightwish are awesome, even though they can be cheesy sometimes.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Unfortunately I don't have their DVD, but they are one of my favorite bands. I 've juste learned Wanderlust's and Nightquest's intro, and sing it every day!!
^ Because you're a damn Tarja loyalist

I want to hear her do Phantom of the Opera
I laugh wnenever the guy sings. He's crap, but so crap it's good. Beauty and the Beast is a good example. "I no mi dreems r mayd of u...." Pretty funny the first time you hear it.

And I love how Tajra ALWAYS mispronounces stuff, like "S-word", "Elvernparth", "Sou-na..."
The new chick you mean? I doubt she's got the range for that

or knows anything other than nursery rhymes.
dude that bass player sounds like a maniac serial killer when hes singing!

but his voice is cool
Quote by Bmm386
"I cut my own penis off and ate it"

pinkowitz.net - another /b/ forum (help it grow)
Quote by Vermintide
I laugh wnenever the guy sings. He's crap, but so crap it's good. Beauty and the Beast is a good example. "I no mi dreems r mayd of u...." Pretty funny the first time you hear it.

And I love how Tajra ALWAYS mispronounces stuff, like "S-word", "Elvernparth", "Sou-na..."

WTF Crap? He's an Amazing Vocalist. He's probably one of the most powerfull Male vocalists I've ever heard

And she doesn't mispronounce things, English isn't her first language (Obviously) and Letters are pronounced differently in Finnish, which is carried over. It's something nearly everyone does sometimes when speaking another language.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
The new chick you mean? I doubt she's got the range for that

or knows anything other than nursery rhymes.

Quote by GNR4EVER
WTF Crap? He's an Amazing Vocalist. He's probably one of the most powerfull Male vocalists I've ever heard

And she doesn't mispronounce things, English isn't her first language (Obviously) and Letters are pronounced differently in Finnish, which is carried over. It's something nearly everyone does sometimes when speaking another language.

Yeah, that's my point. She mispronounces stuff due to being Finlandish.

It amuses me is all.

And... I can only think there must be another male vocalist I haven't heard, cause the one I hear is pretty damn poor to my ears. Still, I get what you mean about power in his voice, he just seems to struggle to hit notes that are too high and stuff.
^ The crap male vocalist was Tuomas himself

Thank god he stopped after AFF.

Marco (bassist) is the male vocalist now.
Quote by Paroxysm
^ The crap male vocalist was Tuomas himself

Thank god he stopped after AFF.

Marco (bassist) is the male vocalist now.

Ah I see.
*Rings the News Bell*

The song we all think is Eva, Isn't Eva...

Turns out it's a song by a band called 'Delain', on their first album they had numerous well known musicians make guest appearances such as Marco Hietala and Liv Kristine (I did say didn't I ). We've been listening to Delain, Not Nightwish (Though it's still a Kickass song )

Guess we'll all have to wait until May 30th (And Mistress Ibanez can relax )
Nope, That was Liv. I thought it sounded like her alright but it wasn't quite as high a register as she usually sings in Leaves' Eyes so yeah she sounds a bit different there
really... well I guess that wasn't her best effort then. maybe I just had too high expectations to begin with... thinking it was the new Nightwish singer and all..
Quote by GNR4EVER
*Rings the News Bell*

The song we all think is Eva, Isn't Eva...

Turns out it's a song by a band called 'Delain', on their first album they had numerous well known musicians make guest appearances such as Marco Hietala and Liv Kristine (I did say didn't I ). We've been listening to Delain, Not Nightwish (Though it's still a Kickass song )

Guess we'll all have to wait until May 30th (And Mistress Ibanez can relax )

Ahhh *big sigh of relief*

That scared me. I'm not taking it off my ipod though
^

I think you take nightwish a bit too seriously

Am I the only person on Earth who prefers the male vocals? That guy is great IMO.
never!

And I do like Marco Hietala's vocals. You might want to check out their live versions of high hopes and symphony of destruction, where he sang while tarja changed her clothes or whatever she did.

Also his solo work in Tarot is worth hearing.
wtf has that got to do with Nightwish?

Plus, Immortal Rule
Quote by garden of grey
^

I think you take nightwish a bit too seriously

Am I the only person on Earth who prefers the male vocals? That guy is great IMO.

You probably are

I think it has a great deal to do with the fact that female vocals are kinda what set Nightwish apart. Sure, there are others with female vocal, but not used to such a high standard as Nightwish. If they didn't have female vox, they would be just another metal band with keyboards IMO.

There's just something unique about the keyboards and Emppu's guitar style that just mix greatly with a female voice.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
never!

And I do like Marco Hietala's vocals. You might want to check out their live versions of high hopes and symphony of destruction, where he sang while tarja changed her clothes or whatever she did.

Also his solo work in Tarot is worth hearing.

I always thought Symphony od Destruction was covered by Tarot. I listen to Tarot some also, it is a pretty cool band.
yeah I was thinking of going to their tour, but I heard it was an amazingly small crowd at the german dates with mostly crazy Nightwish fangirls. no offense, mistress ibanez
^^ I'm not as much of a fangirl as the freaks you get at concerts, I have never written a band member a love letter which includes a drawing of them and a vial of my blood. Or even vistited a fansite
^ Yeah but it's a largely unrepresented group on UG, and you're the best we've got so...
so far from what ive heard i dislike this band....hate that song nemo or wutever its called.....someone recommend me their best song ever....and il check it out
Best song EVER....oooh.... Try 'dead to the world'... Based on your name and dislike of nemo i'd also recommend Slaying the dreamer and romanticide.

I do post way too much in this thread
Best Nightwish song ever?

Sleeping Sun, without a doubt.

Planet Hell is awesome too