Page 1 of 2
Any fans of Cathedral? I (finaly) picked up The Garden of Unearthly Delights the other day and I must say it's easily on par with Forest of Equilibrium or Carnival Bizarre.

Anyway, discuss. (And lets try not to mention Lee's singing )
Waits for Dyer's Eve to splooge.

They never did much for me. I liked their first release, nothing else really.
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
Great fucking band. The VIIth Coming is one of my favorites from them, along with Garden.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
^^Holy crap we both have Jay and Silent Bob Av's and user titles.

i really like'em. I've got the Serpent's Gold.. I listen to it all the time =]
Last edited by _testament_ at Jun 11, 2006,
Quote by _testament_
^^Holy crap we both have Jay and Silent Bob Av's and user titles.

i really like'em. I've got the Serpent's Gold.. I listen to it all the time =]

And thrash metal-related usernames!

Edit: _testament_ = my new best friend on UG
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
^We can only hope you're adopted...

I like Cathedral. Wouldn't call myself a hardcore fan but I definitely like 'em. Listen to Serpent's Gold all the time as well.
^^ YEAH because i lent you MY cd.

And ... . .. . . i hope you're adopted =[.....meanface.

I think Cathedral is maybe one of my fave doom metal bands? mebbe?
Quote by reed
Waits for Dyer's Eve to splooge.
Boom.

I saw them at Download. Sweet set. They played North Berwick Witch Trials which pleased me lots.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Lee Dorian > Jesus
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
*Dorrian

Also 'The Garden' > Most things. I would have stained my boxers if they did that live.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Cathedral are fooking brilliant. They were really good when i saw them live last time they came to London, and theyre a great band in general IMO. Gary Jennings is a riffmeister!
I was bad with usernames at age 12. Ah woe.
Am i right in thinking that Cathedral covered a Black Sabbath song named Solitude???
Member#2 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club.
PM Revelations to join

Member of the Mortal Kombat Klub
PM Rhinosaur Bones or Mackdaddy to join
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Boom.

is that in onamonapia (no clue on how to spell that. phonetics for the win) for cummin'? ha, it made me laugh, and think of comics at the same time.
Quote by jugulator
Am i right in thinking that Cathedral covered a Black Sabbath song named Solitude???

Affirmative. A rather decent cover at that.
I've only got garden of unearthly delights by them, but what a fantastical album.

Saw them live in london, VERY good. I was screaming at little metalcore kids going to download not to miss Cathedral. They probably ignored me, but oh well.
Quote by mydadisjewish
is that in onamonapia (no clue on how to spell that. phonetics for the win) for cummin'? ha, it made me laugh, and think of comics at the same time.

Onomotopoiea

Quite well executed, at that.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Good band I saw them live a couple of years ago and they were very good.
If my post didn't make any sense it's because it wasn't suppose to.
Yes I know my username sucks and no I don't like Nirvana
Cathedral is a fooking great band, best album imo is Endthyme, how come so many people ignore it? that's an album with atmosphere and heavy as (insert something that wieght alot) too.

anyone got the sented Garden of... cd?
Quote by DehumanizeR
Cathedral is a fooking great band, best album imo is Endthyme, how come so many people ignore it? that's an album with atmosphere and heavy as (insert something that wieght alot) too.

anyone got the sented Garden of... cd?

If you mean scented.. Yeah I do Mine smells more like celery than apples now though
Thought I'd bump an old thread, as I listened to The Garden recently. Anybody here know what these guys are up to? To my knowledge they haven't played a show in ages, and I can't find a recent article on them anywhere. I hope they haven't split or anything, they're on of my favorites.
I haven't head a thing from their camp in a long while.

It;s about time they got back to work though, I desperately await a follow-up to Garden.
LAMMERGEIER
I'm assuming that the long wait is so they can craft something that is on par with Garden...

Lee is well known for not saying anything unless theres something to be said, so one must asume all is well.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
I've been listening to carnival bizarre recently, and while I enjoy it, it confuses the **** out of me. What were they trying to do when they wrote this? Sometimes it sounds ominous like other doom for a while, then Lee Dorrian goes and says weird things and makes me wonder. Inertia's Cave is a perfect example of this.
Its just Cathedral being Cathedral haha.

'ooh yeah, alright!' every once in a while.....class.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
I only have the first 3 full lengths, but I love them all. How does Garden... differ?
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Carnival Bizarre is the only Cathedral album that blows me away. I still haven't picked up Forest yet though. Most of their other albums I own are solid but Carnival Bizarre is a step above imho.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Penis my man, you should make a point of picking up Forest of Equilibrium.

I personally enjoy it a tad more than Carnival Bizarre. Cathedral's finest hour.
Forest of Equilibrium is an essential album, not just Cathedral release.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
^ I know I know ;\

Next order I make fo sho.

Btw, the song Oro the Manslayer owns imho.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
The best random Lee Dorrian moment is HUGGY BEAR, OH YEAH!! in Utopian Blaster
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

The difference between the old regulars, and modern regulars:

Old:
"Lee Dorrian > Jesus"

Modern:
"Garden... was a complete bore-fesrtfgvbgfhtg"

I weep.

This is a great band, and Lee Dorrian really does > Jesus.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
The Garden i'd say is generally less doomy, more into stoner/groove territory, with the elements of Prog.

The riffs are still nice and beefy though.

To Mr. Hold, that is.
LAMMERGEIER
That still sounds pretty cool, Im imagining something like 'This Lullaby' off Lullabies To Paralyze, mixed with old Cathedral. No idea why.....
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Page 1 of 2