Ok there's a chance I'm going to be moving into a flat soonish... and obviously neighbours aren't all fond of the sound of blaring bass guitar. So I've been thinking about rigging up a system allowing me to play properly with headphones.

Currently when I play through headphones, I simply go through the line out on my Behringer, but with the semi-low quailty headphones and the whole system being, let's face it, inadequate, it sounds ****.

I want to set up a system wihich will faithfully replicate my amp and bass's true sound - so would that involve buying a certain type of mixer or really god headphones or a speaker cables to an external mixer or something? I truely know nothing about it but I want to be able to get a proper bass sound through it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Well really you want an XLR out on your amp. Do you have have that? If so, take your arse to the shop, buy a small mixer, take the xlr out into your mixer, and use the headphone out on the mixer. You will of course need good quality headphones, at least £100 i would say. look at senheiser, bayer dynamic.

p.s, when i moved, i spoke to my neighbours, told them i was a bass player and i like music a lot, and we agreed to playing times. i dont take the piss and then never moan. sweet..
quite frankly, even with like 10 buck headphones, when i go bass -> computer soundcard line in -> headphones, it sounds hella decent

(oh and applehead if you see this, send the PM now, cuz i made some room in my box lollz)
yeah but he wants to take a feed out of his amp, so he cant do it that way.. of course you could take it straight into the PC from your amp, and use the headphones that way. but remember, it's all **** quality pc soundcards, crap a/d converters. so you will lose sound quality. but who cares? you're only practicing in your room anyway. save that **** for gigs !!
Quote by mangablade
quite frankly, even with like 10 buck headphones, when i go bass -> computer soundcard line in -> headphones, it sounds hella decent

(oh and applehead if you see this, send the PM now, cuz i made some room in my box lollz)

finally, someone answered my question, i was wondering how those cheap behringers are, then i saw this thread, so you think i should get them? they look good but the price threw me off a little.
i answered YOUR question? lmao im confused

anyway: cheap behringers... you get what you pay for.

their quieter than other amps with same wattage, for one.
They dont sound anything amazing.

but the biggest turn off, by far, is the reliability.

lets put it this way: if 100 amps of theirs were produced every month, then 85 of them are lemons.

if you're ok with taking chances, or you're buying a used one that you know isnt a lemon, then sure theyre... DECENt, and you'll save money... BUT:

you have to realize that 85% of their amps break down really quick. most of those within the first month or so of use.

some within the first few minutes (no lie, ive heard this from more than 2 people, excluding myself, i've blown a behringer at 20% volume in a matter of like 3 minutes)
poor behringers, lol there prices draw me so easily, then boom their products break down
Quote by BassSurfer
poor behringers, lol there prices draw me so easily, then boom their products break down

if you're willing to go something a bit abovee that, i totally suggest at least looking at Carvins

http://www.carvin.com/products/group.php?CID=RLS (thats the red line series, check out the rest if you like)

really cheap and loud, and have had great reviews. im probly gonna get the R1015 meself.
Quote by mangablade
if you're willing to go something a bit abovee that, i totally suggest at least looking at Carvins

http://www.carvin.com/products/group.php?CID=RLS (thats the red line series, check out the rest if you like)

really cheap and loud, and have had great reviews. im probly gonna get the R1015 meself.

thanks magna, ill check it out.. thanks again
Ok, so could anyone recommend me a decent mixer? I don't need a lot of features, I just need a simple but good quailty/reliable one to mix a signal for the headphones.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Ahh nice. I just checked that out a bit and it looks pretty decent, and right for what I need. Thanks!
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
No probs bro. Remember, if you're using the line out on the amp, it's not a balanced signal so you will get noise. if it's got an XLR out, use that.