is this amp load enough to do small gigs with? like with a 30 people around?sorry bout the title i meant the peavey classic 50 50 watt tube
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

Last edited by freeallboutu91 at Jun 11, 2006,
I believe the Classic 30 could handle the thirty-person gig just fine, though the 50 might be better in the long run if you plan on playing larger gigs in the future.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
how many watts solid state is 50 watts tube?
Quote by GuitarJunkie
i look down upon men who dont masturbate on a regular basis..they are helping perpetuate prostate cancer..and they are lying if they say the dont

now its time for me to go reduce my risk of prostate cancer.

I couldn't say for sure, but I think 50 tube comes somewhere around 80 or 90 SS, possibly more. And tube amps naturally sound louder than SS amps.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Tube to solid-state is usually about a 2.5X diference, so 50 Watts tube is roughly 110 watts solid-state. The 50 is a good amp, but it may be too loud to crank it to get the overdriven sound in front of 30+ people. It should be perfect but I can't say as I haven't played it cranked.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
the 50 would be like 125 watts SS and the 30=75 watts SS so the 30 would be great for small-medium gigs, i have one question about the classics though, are they 1 or 2 channels? as i really need to be able to use a footswitch to change channels
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 11, 2006,
They're 2 channel amps, very nice sounding too.
And you can use a footswitch for them too.

Try one before you buy aswell.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
They're not "true" two channel, hitting the dirt button just switches in another gain stage I'm fairly sure...

I love my C30. It pwnzors.

You really need to change tubes though, and a speaker change is also a good idea IMO. The stock one isn't too terrible though.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
That Pink Queen just tore the words outta my mouth

great amp and yes for the last time YOU'LL NEVER EVEN CRANK IT UP TO 12 30W is more than enough