My innotation on my High E is extremely bad, its too flat, now i have turned the screw until it can be turned no more, im positive i turned it the right way because when i turned it the other way it gets worse!
So UG, what do i do?? It's really pissing me off because it's sounding like s h i t!

take the string off, turn the screw all the way in the other direction, then put a new string on and try tuning it again

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
well, maybe the string is messed up. but if u try to intonate and run out of room, u can sometimes flip the saddle to make more room.
(in the case of TOM bridges.)

if its a strat bridge repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you have to retune the string after you fix the intonation, because it will go out of tune every time you adjust the little screw.
Quote by \m/metallica\m/
Will that work?? really?

sorry, by screw i thought u meant the tuner.. what screw do u mean??

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
his intonation screw probably.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

are u saying that the saddle on the fixed bridge isnt going far down enough to make a difference?

if thats the case u can flip the saddle edge.

like this? and the arrow points to the screw.

see how a few saddles are pointed up and a couple are pointed down? if its pointed up and u need more room u can flip it.

it also matters how off the measurement is.

maybe ur intonating wrong.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 11, 2006,
well the up/down isnt a problem. i think maybe, ur not intonating it right....

u fret the 12th, and check it wt the tuner. then u get a harmonic at the 12th. and check that wt the tuner.
u compare them both and move the saddle until they match.

is that how ur doing it?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

how close it is?

some guys try to match the fretted 12th and the open string.
you can try that.

and were u able to get the other strings to match up?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

well that proves ur technique is fine. so can u flip the saddle, point it away from the headstock (hopefully it wasnt aready pointed that way.) the extra room might be enough to get u in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62