Aight. So i've got this 5 string Kramer with awesome 3/4 inch string spacing, but the tone completely sucks. I'm running through a pretty good amp (Ibanez SW100), and its still very difficult to get a good tone out of it. Its just... too muddy. So basically I love the way the Musicman bass pickups sound, and i'm looking at putting one in my bass (yes, I know its too big, but I once installed two SD humbuckers in a strat, so I know what i'm doing here). So, there's the story, now here's my question. Does anyone know of a company that makes a MM5 pickup with 3/4" spacing? Would a covered Bartolini or EMG work?
Thanks.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
Well, yeah.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

guess what i would do to you with 2 twizzlers, a lemon, and a pack of hershey kisses.

It wouldnt be pretty
Quote by Striketalonx
Five string.. Bass???

yes, you dicklicker.

threadstarter, semour duncan do a 5 string MM humbucker. i'm gonna get one in a few weeks to put in my bass

for the spacing, if its a generic MM copy, most pickups will fit
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Well the problem is that my bass has 3/4" string spacing, and as far as I know, the MM uses narrower spacing. I might just solve my problem by getting an Ibanez six string though, and for now just tuning to EADGC
But hey, if anyone knows of a 3/4" spaced MM Humbucker, please tell me. I'd still love to put one in there!
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

It wouldnt be pretty
A) Ibanez SW100 isn't a pretty good amp
B) MusicYo Kramers suck.
C) Seymour Duncan, Bartolini, and EMG all make MM shaped pickups. Find out yourself if they have 3/4 spacing. Check bestbassgear.com
haha
Sweet, thanks for the link man. Yeah, MusicYo Kramers do suck.
Quote by BaSsReBeL171

It wouldnt be pretty