I'm saving up for a Gibson but I can decide whether I should go with The Les Paul Standard 60's neck or the Custom. Is the Custom really that different from the Standard(sound wise)? Anyone own any of these guitars?

Thanks in advanced
Ive never played a standard, but i have a custom and it kicks major ass. the sustain is incredible and its really versatile. its definitely worth the money if u can afford it. even though the extra stuff on the custom like the back binding and the block inlays seems pointless, it looks AMAZING, and will definitely get you a good crowd response on top of its incredible playability. or if u dont care as much about looks u could get a secondhand custom or a new Standard and use the extra $$$ to buy a nice amp or some effects or something to go with it. good choice on getting a real Gibson LP though. i guarantee either one will destroy that Epi u have

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Last edited by ScreaminBlues25 at Jun 11, 2006,
Lol, personally, i don't like the custom at all. I have a copy of it, and although i love the sound of it, the looks are horrible. Its all about taste i guess. Anyway, even if i thought the custom looked like a million bucks, i'd still go with the standard. Looks is the only difference lol, why pay a 800 extra for looks?
^^^i got my LP custom secondhand in perfect condition for the same price as a standard

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.