Hey yall. Well, today I had my dad pick up some thick strings at guitar center (I'm looking to build my callouses up better). He came back with .13 - .56 D'Addario Elecrtic Guitar Strings, and I took about an hour re-stringing them. Well, once I got to tuning I realized a problem. I started playing aroudn a little until I looked at my bridge only to see it high in the air, as if I was pulling on it with my whammy bar. I tried other tunings, but they didn't sound right.

I play on a Standard Strat, so I was wondering if I can't use these strings on my Strat. Any suggestions as to how I can fix this problem?
loosen your stings, then open the backplate. Tighten the springs on the claw by tightening the screw. You will most likely have to add a spring or two. .13s are ****ing huge, I would suggest you get thinner strings, .13s are meant for drop tunings.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!
Same with me. So you tighten the top part of the back? Because on mine its lopsided.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
damn, .13s....i've personally never gone above .12s personally, and that required a lot of adjusting
Tighten the springs, maybe add an extra one or two.

You may have to tighten your truss rod also.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Wheres the trussrod?
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Truss rod runs through your neck and keeps it the proper shape. Too tight, and it'll bend backwards, too loose and it'll get bent forwards.

It's one of the things checked when you get your guitar set up.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by The Master Plan
Wheres the trussrod?

wow, with a rig like you have, pretty good stuff, u shoudl at least know the basics of the guitar itself. Its in the headstock or on a few guitars it might be in the area of a neck position pickup.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio