ok...
how do they do the crazy whammy bar thing during their songs?
is it a pinch harmonic then whammy bar??
or what?
if someone could tell me how they do this that would b great
thanks
www.myspace.com/knightime
they do a lot fof different whammy bar things in their songs man, care to be more specific....name a song/time etc.
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
have you seen the video for through fire and the flames
when he lifts the guitar up with the whammy bar
www.myspace.com/knightime
They shortened the song so much in the MTV video. That pissed me off.

To make my post relevent:

Yeah, Dragonforce is like having two Steve Vai's that were locked up with a DnD game and a guitar for twenty years and then started a band.
Last edited by Raistincarnate at Jun 11, 2006,
im not sure if its a pinch harmonic, maybe a natural one and then pulling the bar back, and fluttering it like a madman.
dragonforce own.
i like how in the video he does all of the whammy bar tricks EVH invented...

sept the video game ones thoughs are original
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
How did he lift the damn guitar with the whammy? Wouldn't the bar fall off or damage the bridge?
Quote by Invictious
How did he lift the damn guitar with the whammy? Wouldn't the bar fall off or damage the bridge?

floyd rose

and a VERY strong one at that
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
you must have a quality ass guitar to do that. My rg1570 is stable and i do that too.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by sylent
you must have a quality ass guitar to do that.

and be a crazy enough motherfucker to do it repeatedly

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
floyd rose

and a VERY strong one at that

Li uses the Ibabez S470 primarily, it has the ZR trem which is the best floyd rose in existence.

IMO the S would be the perfect guitar if it had 24 frets, or an RG prestige would be the best if it had a ZR.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
yea he uses the S series, i think, which are reknown for having A) amazing trems B) seriously light body woods.....and yea in throught he fire and flames i think its just a natural harmonic with some serious f*cking with the bar
meh, he uses prestige ibanez s series redaxe.

The Edge pro and ZR are the best trems in existence not only the ZR.

Its stupid to think that the s should have 24 frets. you barely use the 24th fret and u can just use the 23 fret bend it up and you get a 24th fret note out of it. stupid reccomendation.

If it had 24 frets it would make it an rg, it the rg had a zr trem, it would be a S. every different guitar class has its own pros and cons.
Just an influence.
lolz...I can imagine some poser 12 yr old kid in his room with a squier lifting his guitar up by the vintage trem and the guitar falling off the bar and whamming him in the chest!!!
Quote by redaxe
lolz...I can imagine some poser 12 yr old kid in his room with a squier lifting his guitar up by the vintage trem and the guitar falling off the bar and whamming him in the chest!!!

ouch.

12 year old kid -> Strings break, snaps, breaks light on top, whammy bar falls off, hits the 12 year old kid, light falls off and smashes his head, guitar smashes amp, amp explodes, whole house collapses, blows up power supply, new york is gone.
Quote by redaxe
Li uses the Ibabez S470 primarily, it has the ZR trem which is the best floyd rose in existence.

IMO the S would be the perfect guitar if it had 24 frets, or an RG prestige would be the best if it had a ZR.

Why is the ZR better than an edge pro?
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
Quote by redaxe

Quote by metaldud536

madpickin seems to know his Ibanez facts, so I'll tell you what I know and he can come in and correct me. It uses ball bearings instead of traditional floyd rose tremolos so it's much smoother and returns to its "zero point" faster. This means no matter how much you dive bomb, up pull, just whammy-wank, it will always return to the pitch you tuned it to. It holds tune longer than the Edge Pro even. I only wish the S series had 24 frets...or that RGs had ZRs...Try one out at your local guitar store, ZR Bridge = Sex...
your just coming up with pure predictions. Or maybe you actually have a edge pro equipped or zr.....

The edge pro or ZR are in equality. Well maybe .1% for the zr since you dont need tools. Theyre the same to me, it holds the tuning holder no one knows about this judgment since your just blinded how much cooler zr's are and the s shape. Theyre great guitars but as i said have their pros and cons....

You didnt read my post didnt you??

IF the rg had a zr trem it wouldnt be a Rg series anymore. same goese with the S vice-versa w/ the edge pro...... Wishing wont bring anywhere unless you become famous make your own guitar with rg style, or s style with zr and 24...shoot....25.5 scale lol.
Just an influence.
I missed your previous post yes, sorry. I don't own either btw..I'm just saying from experience, I have used and Edge Pro on a friends RG Prestige and the ZR and the ZR just feels so much more fluid and "stronger" in a sense. It's just what feels good to me...
yeah its nothing that bad really. I actually just care that the floyd holds its tune well and performs well also. All i care about. Since to me your talking like its the biggest thing in the world lol. They both perform good in all ways. It does its job right and we all can be happy.

FU@K EDGE II,III lol
Just an influence.