I am thinking on getting this amp i will probably play it first, but i wanted to know if any of you have any feedback.
GET YOUR MOJO RISING!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR]
its an MG cab.. its a total waste of money...

that thing costs at least as much as a good tube amp...
x2
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Your better off buying a good tube amp and Tubescreamer than that rubbish.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
what kind of music do you play?

fenders generally have great cleans, good for blues and jazz

Valvekings are decent, there a jack-of-all-trades, but they do alot of tones, but none of that great...

Tube vox's are great classic rock amps, but they dont really handle high gain that well

Traynors have good cleans, and a decent overdrive

for that price... stay far away from SS amps
Your just basically buying the Marshall's cosmetics not the tone. Even though now I wont get close to any type of Marshall, because I bought the Mg and hated the tone, so my mind is preset to think all of them have a crappy tone.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
we should just sticky a thread that says: MGs SUCK, DONT ASK ABOUT THEM HERE
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

It's more of a novelty of having a half stack
its the same as owning a microstack or something
For that price, you can get a decent valve combo, which will kill the MG in terms of tone.
MG's are usually very lifeless and aren't anything special really.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
its MG. end of.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
a 2x12 or 1x12 all tube combo will be louder sound better and cost you less....

so you do the thinking from there..i think you see where i'm going.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
If you're looking for anything beyond a practice amp for home use, then the MG is a really bad choice. For the same money as that head and cab, you can get a nice tube combo that will sound loads better.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
if this guys in the UK (well anywhere really) going buy www.Gak.co.uk

Marshall MG 1/2 stack deal (cheaper so less money for a decent valve amp)
£364
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=68103

OR

Laney LC-30
£345
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=382

Laney VC-30
£379... Worth the extra £15?
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=378

Fender Blues Junior
£325
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=341

Peavey Classic 30
£395... Over "budget" like the VC-30... Worth it?

also, look on ebay, i got my Marshall JCM 900 for £250 on ebay, and its loud enough for any gig i play, i was even told to turn down at a local venue.

well there's my take on this. threadstarter, you decide whether you want a shitty SS 1/2 stack, or a nice valve combo, for around the same price.

oh wait. no. you won't look as cool. you'd better get the MG.
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

^ you can get the 1x12 vc 30 combo for £300 on there- just to point out. that's the 2x12 you've posted there.

but yeah, mg's are garbage. I'd rather play through a microcube. and have no volume. Because at least it sounds decent.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea i know but i used the 2x12 (along with the classic 30) to show that you don't have to go far out of the price range to get an awesome amp - i've played both 1x12 and 2x12 and preferred the 2x12 considerably, though i really don't like the classic 30 but thought i'd recommend it anyway seeing as so many people on here seem to.
Quote by TehJermie

Quote by silhouettica

^ yeah, i liked the classic 30.

still have to try the laneys...

i'd probably get the 1x12 (assuming it's nice) on the basis that the 2x12 will be extremely heavy, and the 1x12 will be not just so bad- and I think they have speaker outs (check that out though, i'm not certain), so you could just get another cab if you needed it.

Obviously, it depends on your circumstances, and level of wussiness...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it looks like everyone says that the mg is a peice, i think i might save up for a fender supersonic, i play mostly classic rock, some metal, and a little blues. But what other marshall amp would be a good buy.
^ the all-tube ones (not AVT, which aren't all-tube unscrupulous salespeople might try to persuade you that they are)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a fender supersonic is a good buy but im not sure its for you. the amps i listed are ALL really really good valve amps. go for any of them. though the blues junior and classic 30 may struggle with metal.

if you're stuck on marshall then the DSL401 is the only marshall new you want to be looking at - the MGs well to save more rants, just no. and the AVTs are bigger MGs with 1 pre-amp valve IMO. just as pointless. if you can go used, a JCM900 has a more modern voicing and 2 channels, and handles metal better at low volumes than 800s (i believe - i havent tried a 2 channel 800), or the JCM 800 if you can find one in your price range, which has a more vintage voicing, due to it being older, and the models with only one channel you arent going to get a metal type sound out of unless you have the pre-amp and master volumes dimed with a OD infront of it. so take your pick.
Quote by TehJermie

Quote by silhouettica

I'd just like to thank everyone for posting with a bit of dignity and not turning this into a "LOLZRORZ MGs scuk da big one... st00pid n00bs...." thread (which was what I was expecting given the thread title.)

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
no problemo PF, some of us are blessed with MGs and can actually hold back on saying they're shit, but say get X instead, though that said given the opportunity i'm sure a lot of us would just at the opportunity to jump on the bandwagon and just rant about how bad they are.
Quote by TehJermie

Quote by silhouettica

lewis:
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
i've saved up enough money for a fender hotrod deville 212or 410. They have been recomended to me many times. What do you guys think of them.

and thanks for not turning this into a "fu noob" thread.
what type of music do u play?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The Hot Rod has great cleans but not true reverb, it has a solid state type of reverb, if your looking for great cleans, try a used Deluxe Reverb.
Amp:
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Hey, the voice of reason here is telling you to look at rivera's. They own the hot rods and have a marshall-esque drive and can be found used for as little as 500. Highly, highly recommended over the deville.
#12 of the "Ibanez SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4life SZ! to join!
^ agreed. Or traynor. Or Cornell, though they might be exceedingly dear outside the UK. I'm not fussed on fenders, bar the blues junior. They're very much one trick ponies masquerading as versatile amps, 90% of the time.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?