Is it a bad habbit to have your pinky on the thin e string for leverage for picking say playing the crazy train riff at the very beginning at the song, or does this just vary from person to person?
Quote by PINKFLOYD98
Is it a bad habbit to have your pinky on the thin e string for leverage for picking say playing the crazy train riff at the very beginning at the song, or does this just vary from person to person?

if its your right pinky than its nothing bad. there is a thred somewhere about doing this while fingerpicking and a huge argument about it. but you'll be fine.
It Varys from person to person it's just how you learn it i guess.
When you catch some guy mastubating to you from a pair of binoculars call me and tell me you can see me and i will go where you cant see me and don't worry it's a compliment.

Michael Jackson's just a crazy guy.
Do whatever makes you feel good, this is called anchoring. There are some unanchoring elitists around here who'll make you feel like a PoS if you anchor, just do what feels right. I personally recommend you become adept at both styles of picking, unanchored is good for shredding, esp. going straight from sweep arps to alt picking again.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!