is this true or wat ?

like are they cutting down the quality of the 2006 lineup ?

or is it only for the lespaul studio..

coz i'm almost up for a sg standard.

and now i'm curious if they are cutting down the quality of the sg's.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9

gibson quality has already been cut down... their last good year was 1998 i think... then every single guitar they made after that was just ****e
No they good some good guitars but there quality has been steadily decreasing for about the past 7 or 8 years but if you play a couple you will find a JEM in the 2006 guitars they are just rare
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Yea it's gettin pretty bad. They're really expensive models are still good though, but I've switched to Fender for the most part now. IMO, despite the declining quality, I would rather have a Gibson than an ibanez or ltd and most of the other guitars out there.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by Syn Harvest
No they good some good guitars but there quality has been steadily decreasing for about the past 7 or 8 years but if you play a couple you will find a JEM in the 2006 guitars they are just rare

subliminal messages???

lol

but serioulsy, they are only still pretty damn good. A lot of people on UG just jump on a bandwagon after they order their new agile and bash gibson
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
No its not subliminal message i hate the Ibanez JEMS i just forgot Gem is actually with a g because i have to listen to it so much on here. and i still love the gibson guitars that come out not as good as a few years back but still great guitars
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Gibson still makes good guitars, they just let some (ok, quite a few) bad ones slip out at the QC stage. Make sure you play the one you buy, look around and you will be able to find a good one.
Their quality control slipping isn't new. It's been happening for a while now.

Basically, just try before you buy. Also try an Epi Elitist SG if you can find one. You may like it better. (And it's half the price)
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^As far as I know, it's all Gibson's. A guitar store owner I know was telling me about how he got a Gibson 335 and an Epi 335 in at the same time and the Epi actually beat the Gibson in terms of sound and playability. The Epi also had a flawless finish, while the Gibson had to be sent back because the finish ran into the binding and stained it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Jetty, it's natural to get concerned about a brand's quality when you read lots of posts bashing the brand. Consider that those injecting those doubts probably don't even own one. Don't listen to those ding dongs.

The best way to find out is to actually audition the guitar yourself. Chances are, you will be very happy with a Gibson. A few older Gibson owners here have already posted that even back in the 70s, people were saying the same thing about the quality slipping. Unless people have devolved since then and haven't learned better manufacturing techniques, you can consider the same tired sh!t that people keep parroting for what it is, a steaming pile of sh!t.

Again, play a couple. The only reasons you won't like it are: you're more of a single coil fan or you don't like its looks or you prefer a more metal look, etc. After trying one, you won't suddenly go: "Holy sh!t, the workmanship of this thing is worst than XXXXX. Maybe you'll think it's too pricey, which is a fair conclusion, but you won't think the quality is cr4p.

And FWIW, an Epi or an Agile (I have a 3000M) won't be comparable.
Threadstarter: Either you are bull****ing about the quality, or I'm just very lucky because my Studio is brilliant in every way. Best guitar I have owned. It was made last year
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
It's just quality control issues, they still make great guitars, but some of the worse made ones that wouldn't have been let through QC a few years ago are let through today because of the looser QC, to save wastage costs and so on.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
how about gibson customs? They still any good?
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by Syn Harvest

Ibanez resort to ever increasingly elaborate methods to sell their guitars.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i reakon its do with all the trees being cut down thats boosted the price of hardwoods like mahogany and they probably dont have the same choice of quality woods to choose from they did 20 or 30 years ago, you just watch in 10 years youll pay double what you are now and in 15 or 20 there will be effects that recreate the tone of wooden guitars, invest now and reap the fortunes in years to come at least thats what i tell the wife.
You notice that the only people bashing Gibsons are those who dont have them..... Everyone with a Gibson likes it. And no thats not just because they own one, people with MG's admit that they are bad.

Anyway, my Studio does indeed have a miniscule flaw in its paintwork but its not noticeable unless you are up close and really looking for it. Any flaws are going to be cosmetic really and not affect the playing at all.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
^ Do you honestly think that anyone would say anything bad about their Gibson after spending $3000 on it? They wouldn't even admit it to themselves, let alone others.

The problem with Gibsons is not that their quality is declining. It's the fact that they are not worth their price tags. Today's Gibson Corporation is based solely on the concept of ripping off the customer.

Every company wants to make a good profit, that's understandable. But it becomes a problem when that's the ONLY thing a company cares about!

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Jun 12, 2006,
Quote by Armored Artist
^ Do you honestly think that anyone would say anything bad about their Gibson after spending $3000 on it? They wouldn't even admit it to themselves, let alone others.

The problem with Gibsons is not that their quality is declining. It's the fact that they are not worth their price tags. Today's Gibson Corporation is based solely on the concept of ripping off the customer.

Every company wants to make a good profit, that's understandable. But it becomes a problem when that's the ONLY thing a company cares about!

That's probably a valid point for some unfortunate ones who live in denial with their error. However, there are still quite a bunch who have more than 2 or 3 Gibsons and those are the people who will try to present another perspective, the positive one, at least. Some don't even think profit is the ONLY thing they care about because owners are pleased with their gear.

For example, how many Fenders does a non-pro really need? Probably just one, and yet I have 4 + 3 project bodies, 2 necks, 3 pickguards, etc. Replace Fender with Gibson and that describes me and other happy, multiple-Gibson owners. And so, some post about what they know and already have. How many dingleberries bash Gibsons or Strats just based on what they read here? Probably a lot more than those who actually have them.

The threadstarter may or may not find value in what I and other Gibson owners posted, but some lurkers/non-posters would hopefully get some sense of balance.