Yeah, im looking for an amp that has 2x12 speakers so about 100-120 watts. But it also needs to have a great built in distorion so I can go just striaght into the amp. No effect are really needed but i dont really care if there on the amp. Probably looking to spend less then $600. So any suggestions?
if you want great distortion without a pedal your going to need to tell us what type of music you play. There is Marshall, Randall, Crate... ect. Randall combos are probably your best bet for like Heavy Metal- Metal music. Marshall is going to give you that so overly used sound unless you have a pedal, and crate are price-wise, very cheap. I have the Crate XT-120R 2x12. I love it, but the distortion, I think, leaves a little something to be desired.
*Two Things To Remember*
1.) You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter

2.) A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer
*Two Things To Remember*
1.) You can't spell Slaughter without Laughter

2.) A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer
i just got a Boogie 50 cal. not quite 100-120 amps, but i got it for 575 usd off THE auction site. i have't even turned it past living room levels yet, but i'd go used again. no sense in buying new i think. and i am a re-noob
i bought my JMC900 for $625 from a local store used! it hought it was an awsome deal
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Either a used Peavey XXX combo, or a used JCM900 combo.

What sort of distortion sounds are you looking for?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
They're more classic rock orientated amps.
Try one out with an overdrive pedal, if you like it, buy it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
or you could save more money and not have to settle for shiznit. once you reach about $800-$1000 you could get something real nice
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Unless you're only playing metal and care about gain more than tone, go tube!!. Look at some second hand peaveys and possibly traynors. They will obliterate any randall solid state... and you won't need huge wattage, as they'll be loud as ****! My 2x12 jcm 600 is obscenely loud, and that's only 60 watts. I run the master on 5 and the channel volume on 6 at unmiced gigs... and we play loud.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

if youre spending up to 600$ why dont you go tube? and are you doing gigs or just living room playing?also keep in mind that from what ive heard a tube 50 watt is equivalent to 100 watts solid state loudness wise
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!