Im not positive this belongs in here, but its for the bass, so Im putting it here. I can move it if I need to though. Well, I know this has been done many times, but Im in need of some advice. I did some searching, but didn't come up with much. Now to my question. Im looking for some new pickups for my bass. I have a Washburn Taurus 5-sting, It had 2 passive "jazz" pickups and 4 knobs(a volume for each pickup, treble and bass I believe). Im looking for higher output pickups to play mostly Metallica, but also other bands such as Primus, Nirvana, Tool, and others. Ive been looking at some EMG ones, but im not sure if the battery and knobs would fit properly. I don't really have a set price range. Any help will be appreciated.
Last edited by cleadus_134 at Jun 12, 2006,
Take the cover off the back. Can you fit a 9v in there? I'm almost positive the knobs will fit, but the battery could be an issue. Ive seen them squeezed into fender jazzes without routing, though.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Yea, a battery would most likely fit. I wasn't sure about the knobs because on most of the pickups I looked at (by EMG) there were 2 or 3 knobs, not 4. Also, could anyone maybe suggest a certian pair of pickups that might be good for what im playing?
The pickup switch shouldn't mean changing out pots or anything like that. Unless of course you're switching your EQ out as well. What kind of EMGs are you looking at?
^Yes. EMG stuff is all interchangeable. Its prolly going to cost a lot though.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Yea, the pickups were like 156 or something alone, Im not sure of the price on those yet. Why do you suggest buying them?
If you're just buying the pickups, then you won't need to buy a new equalizer as well. The pickups don't have to run to seperate tone pots, or volume pots or anything. With a few wiring modifications it can be set up to whichever way your heart desires.