Poll: how often do you change your strings?
Poll Options
View poll results: how often do you change your strings?
once a day
0 0%
once a week
0 0%
once every 2 weeks
5 7%
once every month
23 31%
once every 2 months
23 31%
once every 3 months
13 18%
once every 4 months
2 3%
once every 6 months
4 5%
once every 9 months
0 0%
once a year
4 5%
Voters: 74.
more often then I go to church..............well, anyways, change my strings about once every 2 weeks.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
Quote by RideTheAnger13
more often then I go to church..............well, anyways, change my strings about once every 2 weeks.

*gasp* heathen pagan athiest satan!!

every 2-3 months.
depends on the strings. if theyre ernie balls, every week, if theyere coated, about every three months. I also buy this stuff called finger tone that lengthens the life of your strings.
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
whenever they start feeling or sounding bad, or start going out of tune too quickly. usually about every month and a half give or take a week.
Twice a month during the summer when it's more humid and I play more, once a month otherwise.
usually in the course of 3 weeks i've changed all my strings at times when they've broke.
How many of you people know you're alive?
Whoever said once every 6 months, are you ****ing nuts?! By then the strings are deader than dead.
i haven't changed mine out of the stock strings i got, which was like 2-3 months ago.
New strings feel so good. After cleaning and conditioning my fretboard and polishing my frets and getting new strings on, it feels like a brand new guitar.
Quote by sethp
listen to RideTheAnger, he is wise beyond his years.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
i agree with you RideTheAnger13.
Quote by pinheadslts75
My right hand fell in love with my penis once. Then the right hand realized the penis slept with the left one too. Things are akward in the bedroom nowadays.
Quote by Refixer
Whoever said once every 6 months, are you ****ing nuts?! By then the strings are deader than dead.

i go to church with a guy that has had the strings on his strat for about a year and half. all you have to do is wipe them off every time you play, and keep a towel close at hand in case you start to sweat while your playing. Sweat will kill the strings alot faster.
Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal !!!!
When one breaks I replace them all. It works for me
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
Usually every 3-4 weeks on my Hi Beams, sadly some of friends don't. Example just about a month ago my friend was telling me that he's low E string broke, I had to use the famous "What where you playing! Guitar raping noisecore?!?!?!?!" he told me nah it just came unwound............ as in he was playing and the string just pulled a satan detuning boooooooooooing and it unwound and snapped. I asked how long it had been since he changed strings because I thought his sadle might have been sharp and cut it but he told me about 6-7 months
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
I change them when they break. I have a guitar that has had the same strings for 2 years. They are factory strings and they just seem not to break.
Every one or two months.

I think two months have passed. I have to change my strings soon.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
About every 2 months.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I have never broken a stringon my accoustic guitar. So uup untill last weekend I had strings on there for about 4 friggin years. I just never really cared. But now I have new d'addario stuff on there and it sounds a whole lot better. so maybe ill change them 2x a year.

On my others i change them whenever one breaks. which is about once every 3 months on average.
I've had the stock on my Gibson for about 2 or 3 months now
My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR (EMG 85/81)
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce
LOPO Custom 2x12 (Celestion V30s)
my strings are so old right now they look like those acoustic guitars from the 1800s

lol

brown spots

its nasty

so lazy
I'm not racist.

I hate everyone the same.

when one breaks, i change the set, or after 3 months on a set, whichever comes first
Normally when they don't produce an even sound when distorted, cuz of the rust, but if i have a gig or some big event in church i'd restring my guitar then.......if i juz have too much money, then i would restring every month...........
"Well, yeah, sometimes I get a little too creative."
~Bruce Dickinson~

-------------------------
"Various equipments"
Playing for 4 - 6hrs a day I change my strings once in two months and use Dunlop String Cleaners on 9 Gauge D'addarios, it's been a month and they still shine yet have that nice tone of a used string.
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 ftw!
Regarding strings. How would you determine what the next gauge to buy is?
Do i just go to the store and ask for .10 top and .56 bottom?

Up until now (broke a string) I've been using Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom.

i change them once a month.
Quote by jmag

God, you make a 5-year-old seem like master Yoda, as far as patience goes.
they'll probably know what Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms are or at least my guitar peeps do. or else i just say like the brand name and then 10's and they give me 10-46
yea my hands have an excessive sweating problem lol. therefor i have to change at least once a month. Theres no big guitar stored near me so i gotta buy about 4 sets everytime i go to the nearest store.
3 months
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper