I have a Ibanez prestige and it has a floyd rose with locking tuners so most of the screws on this guitar are hexagonal and require an allen wrench. So when i was adjusting the action of my guitar part of the hexagon screw that was on the bridge broke off. So now i just have half of the screw still attached. Is there any way i can fix the screw? I already tried krazy glue and it held the screw together but when i tried to turn it, it broke.
yeah... i kinda got similar issues with mine being all ground out from being an old pos but yeah just go into a guitar shop im shure they make replacements
Have you taken the bridge out yet? Its easier to pry out the access using pliers and whatnot if you have no bridge around. Plus you dont want to be scratching your bridge or accidentally snap it unintentionally. Also, if you gonna go to a shop, try and ask them how much would it costs, i bet that they will charge filthy expensive, and if you dont want to burn your cash, just purchase another stud from this site http://www.ibanezrules.com/parts.htm and do it yourself.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
i got the piece out but now there is half still actually attached to the guitar. Am i supposed to brake that off and then how would i go about puting a new one back in?
Umm, you actually break the studs, this?
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Yea, thats the studs for action like the pic i posted. Cant believe its broken........ anyways, take them out, unscrew them coz its just a screw. And you can order the parts from that site i gave ya, also, what guitar issit? If its has an Edge Pro 6-string, then you should look at the site for the specific Edge Pro-6, and not Edge, coz the Edge Pro has more knife edge radius and have different studs.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
its a ibanez prestige s2020xav. Also, i cant really unscrew that one cause its just half of a screw now. and is it easy to put the new one in?