I want a new sound for my SG and my Fender Stratocaster. All I have ever put on them have been GHS Guitar Boomers, Knuckleheads, and Ernie Ball. can anyone suggest a set of strings to me that sound really good and are really comfortable to play?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

D'Addario are supposed to be good...i just have Gibson strings...but..
Quote by triple_X_maniac
AMERICA FTW!!!

lol jk we suck

<A HREF=

<A HREF=
Ernie Balls are my string of choice... what's wrong with the ones you have now?

Changing brands of strings won't chnage your sound significantly... most big time artists only choose the strings they do because they happen to make the particular combination of gauges that they prefer.

Changing SIZE might help. What size are you using now?
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
Changing SIZE might help. What size are you using now?

I use light or medium gauge strings, 9's or 10's mostly
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by El Codyo
I use D'addario 9's and they are the best I've come around, EB's are rust magnets.

I agree. I've never had EBs that lasted. D'Addarios are my favorite regular brand, and if you don't have the habit of breaking strings, then try Elixers. 6+ months on my PRS and not even tarnished. And no, I don't practice proper string maintenance.
Hi, I'm Peter
Ernie Ball 11's- Power Slinkies. Great for dropped tuning, but they feel fine in standard, which is what I keep them in. They sound very thick and bassy, just the way I like it. I keep DR Black Beauties on my bass, and I havn't used the guitar version, but I would imagine that they would be very comfortable and last a whil, what with being coated strings and all.
DR strings 11 or twelves, i've tried everything, and to me they are the best, try the tite fit
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
i like DRs they sound the best and last for a long time...i seem to break the high e before they rust....usually 2-3 weeks
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
The Dr extras sound nice and theyre coated so they last pretty long. The only problem is that the colored strings loose theyre color where you pick with time.