Ive been researching marshall tsl 60 heads recently (still a few years away though, unfortunately) and found that in Australia, they are a fair amount more expensive, even taking into account the exchange rate.

US$1200 on musicians friend versus AU$1800, by my calculations is about an AU$250 difference.

Is this still decent value or not, and while you're here, whats you oppinion of this amp?
I don't think so because people in Britain get Marshall stuff for cheaper than we Americans do, so it's like you're getting double ripped in a sense.
Quote by TyphoidSpider
Ive been researching marshall tsl 60 heads recently (still a few years away though, unfortunately) and found that in Australia, they are a fair amount more expensive, even taking into account the exchange rate.

US$1200 on musicians friend versus AU$1800, by my calculations is about an AU$250 difference.

Is this still decent value or not, and while you're here, whats you oppinion of this amp?

dude, didnt you realise that music stores arent buying it off from other music stores there getting it off their distrubutors who may jack their prices up due to complication with a guitar company cough*shcecter&rickenbaker*cough
you forgot about shipping, customs and storage fee's

you see, for example, we can get ashdowns cheaper over here in the UK because they're made in essex, so theres no customs, and they just keep them at the factory
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^^ as with marshalls, voxs etc
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

Quote by IndieMetalhead
you forgot about shipping, customs and storage fee's

you see, for example, we can get ashdowns cheaper over here in the UK because they're made in essex, so theres no customs, and they just keep them at the factory

not really, cos the middleman charges so much of just distrubuting the guitars
All imported musical gear is expensive in Australia compared to other countries. Australia charge heavy duties on imported goods, and that gets added right to the sticker price the consumer pays.

And if you were to order it on MF or another online store NOT in Australia, then you will be charged all the taxes, customs, brokerage, etc upon receiving the item, and it will cost just as much as buying it locally.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
All imported musical gear is expensive in Australia compared to other countries. Australia charge heavy duties on imported goods, and that gets added right to the sticker price the consumer pays.

And if you were to order it on MF or another online store NOT in Australia, then you will be charged all the taxes, customs, brokerage, etc upon receiving the item, and it will cost just as much as buying it locally.

actually, i dont think it is. i mean if the item is under 1000 then you will only pay about 5% tax over your pay 15% tax and under 200 you get away tax free. so really it still would be cheaper to buy over in us and then import it.
Really? Because I was talking with other guys on other forums (mostly the Metallica club forums) from Australia. They tried getting by Oz's high gear prices by ordering online, but end up getting charged hundreds in duties, taxes and brokerage in the process. The only way they claim to be able to save considerable money is to get the stuff used on ebay.

Just passing on the info I got from others here.

But I do know for a fact that a lot of musical gear costs a crapload more in Australia than anywhere else.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
You'll spend $250 alone on shipping, not taking into account customs or anything else. Also when it breaks you'll pay a crapload to get it shipped back to be repaired.

It's not worth it for $250.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure