hi, i've been searching bout the washburn guitars, i want to know weather they r good for metal...... i listen to thrash metal...... this r some of the list of guitars that i've seen washburn.com i want to know if they r good.......

pls give some advice..........
sheref
The WI66PRO should be ok for metal. But the WI67PRO will feedback a lot.

Go to: www.boogiestreet.com

They make specialty Washburns for metal. They're the same shape as the WI66PRO, just thicker and have EMG's. (and much better colors!).

They also aren't that expensive for custom shop guitars...Only about $200 more than the regular versions.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Well at my local music shop Washburn is one of the main brands. I've played a few of them before and I must say they are very good guitars. I'm not sure the W166 or 167 would be that good for metal.
http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/x/index.aspx
These look good for metal. The X series. Some have EMG pickups so that should be good for metal.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
one question wat is the difference between this washburn and the les poul? im wondering weather this wasburn model is good for playing rythem nd solo.......
sheref
Yes. It's good for both. You have much better fret access with the Washburn Idols as well.

The differences would be the shape, the pickups, the name on the headstock, and the price.

In my opinion the Idol series sounds a bit more like an SG than a Les Paul though.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Xenn99, you know your ****!!!
I'm trying to help but I might leave you to it. I noticed in your sig it says you have a Washburn guitar. How is it?
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
les poul and the washburn idol series almost look alike...... if u get wat i mean...... price is almost the same compared with the jackson RR3.... but i hope that its better than the jackson.....
sheref
Well it definately looks better than the RR3 in my opinion. Jackson do make good guitars though, but once again I'm sure Washburn will do you proud.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
i think! i finally settled my mind for the washburn W166PRO it might suit my style... anyway i have to try this baby out goin to the shop probably tomorrow to check it out..... thx guys

hey nachocheez wat is ur gear?
sheref
I think you've picked a great guitar. I really hope everything goes well for you And it definately helps to try it out before you buy it.
My gear? Well my main guitar is an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. It's a really good guitar but in a few weeks I'm going to the store to try a few telecasters. I might look at Squier just to see if they really are that bad.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
cool man..... my gear is the worst..... that's one of the reason im goin to bye a new g-tar...
by the way why are les poul g-tar are soooooo ****ing expensive.....?
sheref
I know!!! What a ****ing joke. You can get good copies though. Like the Epiphone LP100s aren't too expensive luckily. What gear do you have now then?
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
lol...... u really want to know...... i have a yamaha guitar now nd suck like ***t........ the first time i bought i liked it like hell but exactly after one yr i realize that i have too change it......

wat can i say...... the more u have experience in playing the more u know wat u have to get...........
sheref
Yamaha aren't that bad, people wouldn't bag you for having that guitar. But I do know what you mean. I started out with a **** strat copy and after about a year I got too good for it. Guitaring is an expensive thing. Once you start learning all the brands and stuff you'll just keep buying!!! It's more an addiction You playing on getting an amp too or have you got one?
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
i have an ibanez tone blaster amp 25 now...... that is my scond amp my first amp was a yamaha 10 watt amp ....... well later on im planing to get a peavey bandit 112 like after 5 months after i earn enough money........

wat bout u wat amp u have........?
sheref
Well until a few weeks ago it was some crappy no-name 10 watt amp. After 2 years of saving up I finally got a Roland Cube. Good amp, worth the wait I have to say.
A Peavey Bandit??? Nice choice. I wouldn't mind one myself. They are really good amps. I would've got one if they bloody stocked Peavey around my area. Well it was nice talking to you, I'm now off to go have dinner Good luck with everything, and I hope you get your guitar.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y