hey everyone. I was just wondering what everyone thought of this amp. I am thinking of buying it. I tryed it out and I love the sound of it especially to me it seems like i could play a variety of different music with it. I really only play rock but that wide range is nice to have. I thought it had pretty good crunch. Anyway just what people think of it and if you would buy it. Im not buying it new either so yeah.
Not a fan of the JCM 2000, too scratchy, no guts. Try out a 800 or 900, you'll be pleasantly surprised.
well if youve tryed it out and you love it, why should you care what we think?
New tracks on my profile! Please check them out and see what you think!
^ Trying stuff out in stores doesn't test reliability, durability and stuff like that. I guess. Yeah they're ok, but get a 40 or a 50 (depending on combo or head). No one needs a 100, in any situation.
These go to eleven...
They're really nice amps for what you want, get the DSL50 though if you're getting the head.

I'd say, If you liked it, buy one!
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Tsl.
Ibanez RG 770 Deluxe
Epiphone SG Custom
Marshall TSL60
Digitech Whammy 2
Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer
Boss DF-2 Super Feedbacker & Distortion
Boss XT-2 Xtortion etc
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
No one needs a 100, in any situation.

im tired of people saying that.

100 tube watts is just as loud as 20 tube watts. (theres like a 5dB difference..wow). Maybe people dont always want to push the sh1t out of the amp for a good tone, you can get a decent tone even at lower practice volume....i can at least.

dsl is better for lower gain stuff
tsl is better for higher gain
tsl has alittle more gain than the dsl + 1 more channel
but its low gain isnt as great as the dsl.
but still, they are both decent all around amps
JAMONE
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
im tired of people saying that.

100 tube watts is just as loud as 20 tube watts. (theres like a 5dB difference..wow). Maybe people dont always want to push the sh1t out of the amp for a good tone, you can get a decent tone even at lower practice volume....i can at least.

I said nothing about volume?
These go to eleven...
Alot more clean headroom. And there is a very minimal decibal difference beetween 50 and 100, it's all about the headroom.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman
can you still get it to breakup or do you usually just use the gain/overdrive/distortion channels for that?
I'd imagine, in practice/small rooms, things will start walking around the room before it breaks up.
These go to eleven...
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Nothing, but what's the point? What makes it more useful than a 50?

lol more headroom. some people prefer more clean volume.

other then that...nothing...so then tell me why no one EVER needs 100watts again?
^ idk about Eric (ibanez) but i wasnt trying to pwn you or anything. I just dont get why people say "You dont ever need 100watts EVER" when like i said: when it comes to volume 100watts is only like what...5-9dB's louder then say 20watts. And some people need a lot of clean headroom for cleans and whatnot. Just cuz its a tube amp dont mean you have to crank it to 11 to get a really good sound out of it...
So for those amps that probably never break up.. do you use a pedal and does it sound ****ty compared to the real thing?

In otherwords is it better to buy a lower watted amp so you can choose between clean and breakup all naturally?
Dude you guys...just cuz the tubes arent pushed the maximus doesnt mean its going to "sound sh!tty" at all. I have two 4x12 cabs running behind my JCM900...and even when i have it set to 50watts its still hard to get that nice tube breakup on the dirty channel.

Isnt that why they put "channel B" on amps anyways? So you can get breakup/distortion/crunch etc. without diming every knob??
Un-natural diode related distortion maybe, I'm not complaining, it still sounds amazing. And the 900 is still the nuts.
These go to eleven...