anyone have advice on the epiphone les paul 100? and im not thinkin about getting any other guitar, this is the one, i just want to know what you think. thanks!
It's good for a beginner guitar, but that's about it. You can find better guitars for the price.

They're $250, right? If you go up to $300, you can get a Washburn WI64D witha deluxe gigbag. It's ten times better than the LP-100 and is made of quality stuff. It's also still the single cutaway shape. Here's a link to it:
http://www.music123.com/Washburn-WI64D-Electric-Guitar-i228324.music

Also, are you not looking at Agile's now?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
i dont really like the look of the washburn, are there any others that are better than the lp-100 from $200-$300?
Edit: in response to your post "i want to get something that i've heard of."

don't. PLEASE. just because you've heard of epi doesn't make it good. Would you buy a hello kitty strat? After all they are made by Fender. Epi-100s have nothing in common with an actual les paul. You might as well be buying a squire. I played an epi les paul standard plus. I could not stand it. I don't want to hop on the bandwagon, but at your price range, the agile is much closer to an actual gibson in terms of materials, wood, etc.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Last edited by Friedmaniac at Jun 12, 2006,
^He wants to try the guitar first and wants something he's heard of.

Other things in the $200-$300 price range...hold on and I'll edit with some links.

Links as promised. All of these will be better than the LP-100 and in your price range of $200-$300.

Epi LP Goth.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=517233

Epi Vintage G-400 SG.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Vintage-G400-Electric-Guitar?sku=518669

Epi Goth G-400 SG.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Goth-G400-Electric-Guitar?sku=517232

Epi '57 Les Paul Junior Reissue.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-57-Les-Paul-Jr.-Reissue-with-P100?sku=519390

Epi B-stock LP Studio.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar?sku=518351V

I'm also sure some other people will recommend some Ibanez guitars, but I don't know their models well enough to tell them apart.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jun 12, 2006,
ya the thing that bugs me about the agile is that i cant even lay a finger on it without spending at least 200 bucks, the epiphone i could go in and try and if im not happy with it i might consider the agile
You could always return the Agile if you aren't happy with it.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
^Rondo music pays shipping if you aren't satisfied with the guitar, so you don't have anything to lose with them.

At your price range, the only guitar I'd pick over the Agiles would be that Epi '57 LP Junior. But, I love LP Juniors, so that's completely biased.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Yeppo, I have this guitar. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and the Les Paul 100 and I seriously can't say the quality on the Custom overpowers the 100. The LP100 is amazing for the price. It stays in tune very well, doesn't chip easily, it's overall a great guitar.
Quote by #1 synth
Brilliant

Quote by Pl3h-B0y
nachocheeez, that was awesome.
^So do I.

It's the same as the regular G-400 except for the finish.

Also, I'm not saying the LP-100 is bad or anything, I'm just saying that you can find better guitars in the same price range.

EDIT: Yes, the G-400 vintage (in terms of specs) is better than the LP-100. It has a mahogany body instead of an alder/mahogany body like the LP-100. It also has a set mahogany neck instead of a bolt on maple(?) neck like the LP-100.

It will also have a bit better quality. Not a ton, but some.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Last edited by Xenn99 at Jun 12, 2006,
out of the guitars Xenn99 listed, the 57 LP Jr. and the vintage G-400 are definitely the best quality and have the best wood, basically in guitars of this range you want good wood so you will eventually be able to upgrade pickups so it will be a nice sounding guitar, the LP-100 and others have a big strip of alder running through them and that will not give you real LP tone, also the cheaper ones like the LP-100 will have bad tuners, goths have good wood but are gay anyways
Last edited by Teleprompters at Jun 12, 2006,
^Agreed. But, some people like the goth versions, so I recommended them anyway.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
get the G-400, Epi LPs are ****, especially one for $300. if youre gonna get an Epi LP at least save up a little more and get a standard or a custom
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
All the guitars mentioned in this thread are light-years ahead of the LP-100. And Agile would be my choice in that price range. Without any doubt.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Danno13
^Ignore him.

Owner and magazine reviews are (almost) always lies.

Oh sorry, my mistake.

Try it somewhere mabye.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Well wha twould be better an Agile 2000 or Sg400?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Agile doesn't make anything else near as well as they do LPs. If you're looking for a cheaper (<$500) Les Paul-style guitar, go with an Agile, they're made out of quality wood, and they're pretty decent right out of the box... Low-end Epis are hardly worth the shipping you'd pay.
^I disagree with that. The lowest end Epi's may be crap (plywood LP Jr., LP Special), but the low/mid range ones can be quite good. The LP Standard, The G-400, The Standard Plain Top, that awesome '57 LP junior...All of those are good guitars and they aren't over $400.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
^Rondo music pays shipping if you aren't satisfied with the guitar, so you don't have anything to lose with them.

It's only if there's something wrong with it and you have to return it. Otherwise if it's you don't like it, you pay the shipping fees.

But I really do recommend you get the Agile over the LP-100. The 100 is sub-par at best. Bolt on, crap wood, not even the full body size... The Agile will be much better. Especially in that price range if you're looking for a LP style
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Would you buy a car without driving it? Would you buy a house without going into it? If no, then why would you buy a guitar without playing it?

I say that you check out some guitars in your local shop. Few people will admit they made a mistake, so it is hard to trust people's reviews of their own guitars. People own MG's and say they like them. I say go in and find the guitar that feels and sounds best. Epiphone is not neccesarily the best, so try all brands in the shop.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
^I own an MG and like it. It does what it needs to.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar