Ive been thinking about buying a B.C. Rich platinum warlock but I hear that thay are junk I just want someone to tell me if its true or not
They are. If your looking for a starter guitar, buy an epiphone or mex fender.
August 21, 2006 - Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Rose Garden
**** bc rich all theyre good for is lookin good if you want a quality guiatr look somewhere else man. **** warlocks
rawwwwwwwwwwww
yamaha pacifica's also a good choice for a starter if money is an issue
Bones, sinking like stones.
Platinum series is not junk. I don't like the bronze and I haven't played any other series. The NJ series would be worth looking at.
my friend has an NJ he got for liek $200 and its hella good for the price. its not as good as a nice $800 guitar, but its good for $200
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
ya i hav a son of beast which is a bronze and i love it for the sustain it has
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
Ya ive been playing for 2 1/2 years and ive been looking for a better guitar because im better then when I started and I need something that will let me get more miles on it
to me BC Rich guitars are a joke. How anybody can get up on stage with a Warlock and be serious about it is still a mystery to me.
Just don't get anything made out of Agathis.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Why all the hate?

All of you know that a Custom made BC Rich from the US would kill your guitars. Anything above the Bronze series are fine to look at. Pricewise, look somewhere else. If the stuff is cheap though, look into em.
*Moved to EG*
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
singlecoiled stopt talking **** you dont own one so there to get that straight.

I even think ibanez and gibson can own custom made bc rich. Even mick thomson hated bcrich and went ibanez. :P
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
i hate the shapes, and i hate the sound. someone told me to get a Warlock bass once, i nearly kicked them in the face.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
You might wanna consider ESP's AX series if you fancy the warlock shape,just the AX ones are much nicer
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
There isnt really much difference in the platinum and bronze series anyway, both made of the same wood, same electronics all thats different is there a slightly better paint job on the platinum and they say platinum series on the headstock, you would be better off looking at some LTD's if your into the whole stereotype of metal guitars, if you can find an NJ series or like an 80's BC rich then thats a different story......
Quote by sylent

I even think ibanez and gibson can own custom made bc rich. Even mick thomson hated bcrich and went ibanez. :P

your entitled to your opinions

never found myself to like Ibanez, like the BC rich custom i played. Just my two cents though
my opinion is BC rich sucks

My Gear:
Epihone Gothic X-plorer+EMGS 81/60
Jackson WARRIOR JS30+EMGS 81/60(soon will be installed)
Randall G2 series RG75 75watt
Behringer X V-Amp
General concensus is anything below the NJ series is horrible quality compared to similar priced guitars. NJ and custom shop can complete well with their similar priced conterparts.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Anything BC Rich below the NJ series (Bronze, Sig, Platinum, Body Art, Platinum Pro) are pretty much just firewood. Other than excellent necks and cosmetics (depending on whether or not you like BC Rich shapes), they have absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Never played one, and I hear they're crap, but I want to play one. It is a guitar .
My gear:
'96 Ibanez S540FMTT
'91 Standard Gibson SG [w/ Bare Knuckle Warpigs]
Peavey Triple XXX 112
personally, i don't like the tone that it puts out, or the uncomfortable shape. buy it if you like it though.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
i hate the shapes, and i hate the sound. someone told me to get a Warlock bass once, i nearly kicked them in the face.

You almost kicked someone in the face for something as petty as making a bad suggestion? You need to grow up.

While the Bronze series sucks and the Warlock is may be the stupidest looking guitar on earth, but this guitar,

, is awesome. Seriously, I really liked it.
Personally, I want to get a nice neckthru Bich and make it my bitch.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Warlocks are ****. Bronze are especially, but anyway.

If you want something that looks cool, and sounds better than a ****ing Warlock, buy a Jackson Warrior, or and ESP LTD AX 250, or 50. Not those pieces of ****.

250's and 50's are better for beginners because they are cheaper, and a little worse than a 400, which is a pretty damn guitar, in my opinion.
ESP LTD AX 250, or 50 are respectively only marginally better than a Warlock Platinum and Bronze series. They have the same crap agathis wood, same style of low quality hardware an electronics.

You either like their shapes or you don't. There's really rarely any middle ground there. I personally love their Vs, and I like the Warlock, Bich and Mockingbird. Not too crazy about the other wild shapes though.

Hey...

I got a BC Rich Warlock Platinum w/Coffin Case and as for the guitar, I'm not very experienced, but I went with something I liked, something that looks deadly and sounds heavy. I got Zakk Wylde Boomers on it and it sounds pretty good.

To tell you the truth, I've seen plenty of guitars that are 'considered crap' to sound better than some of the namebrand ones, it all depends on what you want to play, what you like to look at and what goes with ur 'guitar personality'. Mine, well it was a Warlock and I'll love her until the day I die!

Again, I'm not very experienced with guitars but I got the full magnet pickups from BC Rich, and they seem to pick up everything so I get exactly what I'm playing.

Just thought I'd chime in seeing as I'm a proud owner.
Dude, I'm gonna be honest with you....DO NOT GO FOR IT!!! Unless you are willing to replace the pick-ups...cuza they suck....depending on what your style is, which I would assume metal cuz of the look, You should go and get a Jackson, Ibanez, or a ESP/LTD guitar...its worth the money you pay!!!
recently all they have been putting out is crap. But if you can get a older 80s model they are very good. And BC was one of the best guitar companies in the 70s. if you could find a BC Rich Mockingbird from the 70s it would be absolutly amazing as there 70s guitars are amazing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by singlecoiled
Why all the hate?

All of you know that a Custom made BC Rich from the US would kill your guitars. Anything above the Bronze series are fine to look at. Pricewise, look somewhere else. If the stuff is cheap though, look into em.

Uh....a custom BC rich from the US?? I don't really care much for BC rich, but there only OK for begainers....the faqmou guitarist whom play these guitars are actually paid to play them...Kerry King got paid like a couple million to play one...plus, he doesn't have the usaull pick-ups....the guy from Slipknot used on, but he didn';t want one any more and he joined the Ibanez army...
No BC Rich Sucks
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Quote by sylent

Not sure if this had been said but he didnt dump them cos they arent good, he dumped them cos they werent marketing his guitars right so bleugh
i think b.c. rich sucks, but my uncle been playing guitars for 30 years, has had lp's, fenders, jacksons, and he loves b.c. riches (not the crappy ones) he's got one of the u.s.a. custom ones, and i think it kicks a**, it isn't one of the crappy ones, it's a speedloader FR , it's pretty nice, still like my schecter better though, lol, i just don't like the shapes, kinda look stupid IMO
i just think that if you want a good guitar get one of the mid priced b.c.rich's, dont buy the cheap ones like the kerry king signatures... and about mick he left ibanez for b.c.rich for a long time and now he is back with ibanez
warlock = one of the overall ugliest guitars EVER.

i think bc riches are bashed on too much; high end made in USA BC Riches are amazing quality. none of the body shapes i really like though, with the honorable exception of the mockingbird. damn thats a sexy shape.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
No they are NOT junk. this christmas will be my year anniversary of having my first B.C. Rich. They're good for metal and stuff. I suggest yo get ur B.C. Rich.

PS: I Have a bronze series
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.