Always times for the square at night
A marriage sold by drink and song

A care we lost, we found again
A curfew shirked, dreams of champagne
All around the lights were dimming up above

Don?t you cry, beautiful friend
No need to lie, beautiful friend
All the drink
Never took the pain away, did it, friend?
Outside you laugh
But inside you?re waiting for the end
Beautiful friend
Beautiful friend
Beautiful friend

Hotel rooms, thrown-penny wars
No reception, unplanned tours
A diner, beckoning to us lost stragglers

You never knew but I cried on the flight back
A victim of a sudden heart attack
It opened up and took you inside
Inside

Don?t you cry
Beautiful friend
No need to lie
Beautiful friend
All the drink
Never took the pain away, did it, friend?
Outside you laugh
But inside you?re waiting for the end
Beautiful friend
Beautiful friend
Beautiful friend

In the real world things got dark
Love, confusion, sweet dramatic arc
And I survived on my own, away from you
A friend?s embrace, not yours, but I saw your face
And a night of debauchery running in place

And now I wait, sweet summer bliss
A ray from last year?s tragedy missed
And I?ll wait and the dream will fall upon me

And the arms still hold themselves out
In an outstretched pose, a physical shout
Always times for the square at night
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

but whatever you do, never, i repeat NEVER masturbate with hot sauce.
i like. i like a lot.

awesome poetry.
Quote by madbasslover
haha
you actually made one! i salute you, burrito.

mmm bean rice and cheese. the best.
It's a song...it's all written and everything. It's pretty personal...it's about a friend of mine who's really nice and we had an amazing amount of fun in New York together...but she has some serious personal problems and is obviously a not completely well person...

It sounds really conceited to say this, but when I recorded the song on a tape recorder and listened to it, it made me tear up...and no other song I've ever written has done that. I'm proud.

Thanks for the crit.
Founder and member #1 of "The Beatles really are the greatest" club...PM me to join.

Quote by Zeus2716

I liked it all except for this part

"Hotel rooms, thrown-penny wars
No reception, unplanned tours
A diner, beckoning to us lost stragglers"

I dunno why it just stuck out of the song for me.

What kind of style is this thing gonna be?
not going to do any real crits since if you've already recorded it, it's pretty much a done deal in your eyes I'd imagine. But did want to let you know that I liked it. Very original, and having done a similar trip with a "beautiful friend" in the bright lights of Times Square, I was touched. You said you recorded it ... you have a link?
LISTEN:
A Myspace introduction to:

LEARN:
It's not always rainbows and butterflies,
It's compromise that moves us along. -- Maroon 5
To Resident Rocker:

The first two lines of that stanza are my two favorite in the whole song...so I'm not planning to change them. But I agree with you about the last one...it was one of the lines I wasn't so sure about. It doesn't flow right and it sounds a little weird sung. The stanza is a reference to the time we both were sick in our hotel room and started going insane and had a "penny war," pitching pennies at eachother across the room while our other roommates looked at us like we were insane. Later on we went ice skating and got separated from the rest of the group because no one's cell phones were working...so we ended up taking an "unplanned tour" of midtown manhattan, wandering around just the two of us and talking for like an hour until we finally found a really wierd little diner.

And the style...it's sorta an acoustic song building to a big climax in the bridge ("In the real world things got dark...") and then going back to acoustic.

To aksuperstar:

Thanks a lot...I'm glad you got that "always times for the square at night" wasn't a typo, lol. I recorded it, but just a little demo on a crappy analog tape recorder so I wouldn't forget the melody or chords or anything...so I can't post it online. I'll try to do a demo on a crappy digital recorder soon so I can post it, lol.

Quote by Zeus2716

Last edited by ridcullylives at Jun 12, 2006,
Anyone else?

Quote by Zeus2716