im going to get an ibanez rg370dx in a few days and ive heard many things about the floating bridge and i dont know much about it like am i going to have trouble drop tuning it?? if so how would i do it? thanks ahead
You will have all sorts of problem coz that bridge isnt made of good material. The knife edges wears of quicker and you will have tuning issues after the warranty period is over (if they have, warranty). You can start feeling it degrade after around 6 months or so, or even better, after couple of years if you manage to be lucky.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Drop tuning on floyd roses would be easy, you just gotta have the proper gauge, action and you have to know how to properly tune a floyd rose. For 1st timers it'll be quite troublesome, but it'll pay off.

Need i stress more that the bridge isnt that good, you should save up for a much better Ibanez, like the S series, RG1570, or a used RG570.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by riFfmAster508
so will i be able to drop tune it?how would i?

Loosen the springs in the trem cavity, so you lower the tension of the strings.
depends on what you mean by drop tuning. if you want to tune it standard, down a half step or whole step or whatever you want, you will need to adjsut the springs in the cavity to compensate for the reduction in string tension.

if you want to go from standard, to drop D, and back, that is a much easier process which can be done using the fine tuners of a floyd rose.
drop d would be one tuning i would use but what about drop c or b, would those be easy to get to?
It is relatively possible to do it but you 'may' need to change your string's gauge to a higher as it will provide more tension, thus eliminating the need for adjusting the truss rod. Of course you will need to know the basic principle on how to properly tune a floyd rose, (includes everything from parallelling the bridge to the body, spring tension vs. string tension, locking nuts, etcs).
Thats what she said...
UGmusic