Page 1 of 261
This thread, inspired by apocalypse13, is designed to let us talk amongst ourselves without filling the metal forum with useless threads that only receive one or two replies. If you want to discuss something that will not merit the creation of a new thread, post about it here.

Kindly note that this thread is not your ticket to free posts. Spam and unnecessary flaming will be reported and dealt with as anywhere else in this forum. However, anything that is related to metal, or any discussions and conversations that stem from the topic of metal, are fully acceptable.

Stay within the rules, and everything will go well; however, if the rules are broken repeatedly, we will run the risk of having the thread closed.

Also, if you wish to check out the live chatroom, click here.

Happy posting!
Last edited by <>< at Jul 19, 2006,
OH HELL YEAH!!! (free posts!)

Will this get stickied?

Anyways, to start a topic, what are your guys opinions on Folk metal? I just got into it. Its quite enjoyable.
roar
I never really got into any folk Metal bands. The music really throws me off for some reason. Maybe I havent found any good folk bands. :/

Oh and Hurrah for "teh Metal Chat Thread."
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Slayer224
Will this get stickied?
Thanks, I forgot to mention that in my first post.

We will probably have to prove ourselves to be responsible with this thread for it to earn a 'sticky'. So again, stay within the rules; it benefits everyone.
Folk Metal i think is good for a laugh. Fun to listen to.

But musically I think it just gets repetitive.
Last edited by Black_seeds at Jun 12, 2006,
i know it's not pure folk metal, but i am digging elvenking, it has good chorus's and stuff so it isnt as full on as regular folk.
Quote by <><
Thanks, I forgot to mention that in my first post.

We will probably have to prove ourselves to be responsible with this thread for it to earn a 'sticky'. So again, stay within the rules; it benefits everyone.

If it can go maybe two pages (40 post page) without being infected by spamola I'll sticky it for you, but Greety and me can still un-stickie/close it if you start filling it with poop after that.

DEAL OR NO DEAL?!

/Noel Edmunds reference
I ever wanted to ask this :
What is Metal?
Sounds stupid, but how do you define Metal?
I mean just many drums, and solos, and aggresive ?
Or are there some special chords?
Would nice if you could answer it
\\>Viva Los Tioz<//
Quote by Sebo
I ever wanted to ask this :
What is Metal?
Sounds stupid, but how do you define Metal?
I mean just many drums, and solos, and aggresive ?
Or are there some special chords?
Would nice if you could answer it

Click here.
Quote by unfathomable_bo

/Noel Edmunds reference

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by SGRocker0791
I havn't heard much Folk Metal, but the little that I've heard, I dig it.

I can't really take it seriously, as it sounds liek soemthing that Frodo and Samwise would be hopping around a bonfire to with pints of ale in hand...

But DAMN, is that stuff fun to listen to!

*Goes to listen to "Trollhamamren" over and over again*
Last edited by flame843 at Jun 12, 2006,
Quote by flame843
I can't really take it seriously, as it sounds liek soemthing that Frodod and Samwise would be hopping around a bonfire to with pints of ale in hand...

But DAMN, is that stuff fun to listen to!

*Goes to listen to "Trollhamamren" over and over again*

Ever listened to Elvenking? That's an pretty cool Folk Metal band IMO. Not cheesy also.
Ensiferum ft-folk metal-w!
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Folk Metal? I have but one word for this folk metal:

TROLLHAMMAREN!
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
HOLLA,

alright, isn't this thread kinda broad? i mean, metal chat?? isn't that what THE F-IN FORUM IS FOR?

on that note..........where can i get a metal t-shirt with a white background. peace NEGROS
It's extremely broad.... but it's meant to cover those topics that really don't need an entire thread. You know, those topics that sit there for 13 hours and get one reply? This de-clutters the forum so relevant discussion can be had without having a thread for absolutely everything.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
alright......................here is one no one ever seems to respond to

anyone ever hear moevot?? i strongly recommend it to anyone who is a fan of atmospheric black/LLN/etc. however, it is not black metal.

if you can find it, get the Abgzvoryathre EP.

alright, peace
Quote by SGRocker0791
Ever listened to Elvenking? That's an pretty cool Folk Metal band IMO. Not cheesy also.

Not cheesey?! Have you not heard 'extra extra read all about it' in Penny Dreadful?
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Quote by mydadisjewish
HOLLA,

alright, isn't this thread kinda broad? i mean, metal chat?? isn't that what THE F-IN FORUM IS FOR?

on that note..........where can i get a metal t-shirt with a white background. peace NEGROS

Sorry if you've already tried this, but www.infinity1.com has tons of metal shirts, and they might just have what you're looking for.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
If it can go maybe two pages (40 post page) without being infected by spamola I'll sticky it for you, but Greety and me can still un-stickie/close it if you start filling it with poop after that.

DEAL OR NO DEAL?!

/Noel Edmunds reference

In Real Player's 'Real Music Store,' As I Lay Dying is in the Death Metal Section, containing all top 5 tracks....

It saddens me...

Quote by mydadisjewish
i foresee this being another metal recommendations thread

oooh, have some faith nukkah....
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
Okay, I love folk metal but It tends to come to me in spurts. Like I'll leave it alone entirely for an entire month or two then pick it up rigourously for 2 weeks just to have it fade away again. It's like girls having periods only not as frequent and I use Trivium as my tampon. You get the picture
Originally Posted by Teleprompters
people taking dumps in my guitar case
Quote by narmi
DAMNIT, I WAS GOING TO USE A MR BLOBBY REFERENCE!!

Oh well, as far as Folk Metal goes, I like what I heard, but I haven't really dug into it yet.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Folk metal, although it is something that I throughly enjoy...I can't help by crack up whenever I listen to it....

And second off

Quote by flame843
I can't really take it seriously, as it sounds liek soemthing that Frodo and Samwise would be hopping around a bonfire to with pints of ale in hand...

Since when was that not metal?
I................Have not heard folk metal to my knowledge.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Quote by mydadisjewish
i foresee this being another metal recommendations thread

i was just going to ask for a folk metal recommendation since everyone is chatting about folk metal. :P
but i can see something like that happening too.
The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops moving when the music does.

Last.fm
Quote by SGRocker0791

Myspace no worky...

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Quote by _testament_
ummm
does anyone else enjoy marduk?
=]

In a word:

Yesofcourseobviouslywhowouldn'texceptnon-metalfansbecausetheywouldn'tcausetheydon'tlikemetal.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
YAY

I love Marduk, I just wish their gigs wern't full of Nazi idiots

=/ are you serious? That's.. scary right?
but other than that i'm really enjoying La Grande Danse Macabre... =]