Yeah stuff like Futureheads or Arctic Monkeys.

But can also handle more rock, like Muse

Thanks
Most "indie" bands like that use Fender valve amps.

And you could use an distortion/overdrive or 2 for the Muse type of stuff
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
erm you could have a look at some of the orange models, although they can be really expensive.......possibly a fender would be nice for due to its cleans.........the best thing i can say is just to try a load whenever you go to a music shop sometime
an orange amp of some description...
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
a vox...i have a vox and play that stuff...try a valvetronix one mine handles most of that stuff plus has grrrreat distortion
I play exactly the kind of music you're after.

I mostly use a Fender Twin, but right now Im saving for a Vox AC30.

Both are great for indie/alternative, and will do harder stuff if you put the right overdrive/distortion in front of them.

Also maybe, a Fender Hot Rod, a Laney VC30, like (like somebody said), an Orange perhaps?
I play the same stuff and i am saving for a vox ac30, but i also have a proco rat pedal for the heavier stuff. Failing that, try a fender hot rod deluxe, with an overdrive/distortion pedal if you need for heavier stuff too.
Quote by bettyswollox
I play the same stuff and i am saving for a vox ac30, but i also have a proco rat pedal for the heavier stuff. Failing that, try a fender hot rod deluxe, with an overdrive/distortion pedal if you need for heavier stuff too.

Yeah, I use a ProCo Rat too. Awesome pedals, though I'm beginning to favour Tubescreamers now.

Anyone use Crowther Hotcakes? They really kickarse but I can't afford one right now.

Back to the topic, Fender tube amps are a safe bet unless you have another amp in mind. Best to go to a guitar shop and try as many of these amps as you can (while annoying the local long hair by NOT playing metal).
^I wanted to try a Hotcake on Saturday, but I've already got 2 overdrives so I decided not to build up any more GAS.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30