Hello all, I've a problem with my electric guitar. It's a common problem I believe, when I plug it into my amp it will fuzz or cut out, leaves me playing and fiddling with my cord. Before you blame the cord, I just bought a brand new one, same problem. So I figure it's something to do with my guitar, maybe the input, any ideas? what can I do? Anything I could do myself without getting it professionally fixed? thanks!
Can you solder?

The wires which connect to the input jack are probably loose.
^ Either that or the clip on the jack is bent, and it'll need bending back inwards again so it gets a tight grip on the jack. It sounds like a wiring issue to me though.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
what kind of guitar do you have? it might depend on that.
Quote by pengiunman
Hahaha you crack me up swansareroadkil.

:can't think of a smiley to put, your too cool:
NOVA, a bit of a crappy brand but not the worst guitar in the world. Hmm with lose wires, how would I fix that? take apart the input and tighten them? Or Would I absolutely have to solder it? Not much I could do that with around the house, would have to find somewheres to do that, but if that's what has to be done *shrug* thanks guys, any more suggestions?
Last edited by blinnk16 at Jun 12, 2006,
Also, the bit of the input that screws off is lose, would just a wrench fix that? And I doubt it would be the problem of my amp cutting out?
first off, does your guitar work on other amps because if it doesnt then you kno its your guitar thats got the problem...

for your guitar, loosen up the jack and gently pull it out and solder the broken connection, but if the connections look fine then bend the clip slighty inwards as to create a stronger connection with your cable

if that doesnt work then maybe your amp input is screwed, so see if u can play on other amps with your cable and your guitar
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...
Last edited by epacers7 at Jun 12, 2006,
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help, i'll try it with another amp first and then loosen up the jacks.
u my friend ... have been sigged
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...