Just wondering if I have to let my amp sit in standby after I use it. I know you have to before. Should I put it in standby to let them cool down?
Just for like two or three minutes after playing. Then you can shut it off.
Quote by demea
Just for like two or three minutes after playing. Then you can shut it off.

Quote by supergohan931
I think you just put it in standby and then just turn it off.

So which one is it?
Dude you put it turn on stand by before you play, this allows the tube to warm up... After you get done playing you can turn the amp off completely... If you leave the standby on it will keep the tubes warm... So stand by should be turned on before you play (I let the tubes warm up 1-2 minutes always) it should also be used if your taking a short break from playing.
Quote by atticus_08
Dude you put it turn on stand by before you play, this allows the tube to warm up... After you get done playing you can turn the amp off completely... If you leave the standby on it will keep the tubes warm... So stand by should be turned on before you play (I let the tubes warm up 1-2 minutes always) it should also be used if your taking a short break from playing.

Yup. Standby is to warm the tubes up/keep them warm..So putting it on standby to cool your tubes down would be a pretty rediculous idea, no?

I put it on standby just before I shut the amp off so I don't have to remember to do it the next time I turn it on! Its a pretty handy behavior.
what happens if you leave your amp on standby for about 6-7 hours, like i did one time.

I WAS DRUNK, OKAY?!?!?!
yea, when done just flip the standby switch first then the power switch, you don't have to wait like when turning it on.
Quote by sethp
what happens if you leave your amp on standby for about 6-7 hours, like i did one time.

I WAS DRUNK, OKAY?!?!?!

its just wears out the tubes, but its nothing serious