Metal Song by jOHANEN

This is a song i wrote for my band.. we have drums and 2 guitars and all added to it, but i just recorded my own guitar at home.. I can record the solo and drums and 2nd guitar and all if you like the song!?

crit for crit
Textures - greatest band ever
Last edited by jOHANEN at Jun 14, 2006,
Yeah sorry i ****ed up.. should be working now mate!
Really cool! After playing the intro once I would have a singer sing over the riff untill the overdriven riff.
Hehe in the slower parts theres soloing + 2 guitars at same time, so some day I will record the whole deal including drums and all, then its pretty neat.. or at least I think..
Haha thats really good... the riffs straight after the clean stuff has...

Big pantera influence going on there no?
It's too long and too much the same. But the break between the slow part and the heavy part is killer. If you could keep that energi throughout the song it would be cool.
I wish I could get a sound like that, maybe I'll never be able to with my american strat tho
I play on a Parker p-42.. with a randall amp.. pretty unique setup..
The clean intro was great, but there was a bit too much bass for my taste.The distorted intro is awesome, the slower parts I'm not sure if I liked all that much, but it still wasn't bad. The middle parts were good too. Overall a pretty good song. I like it.
Quote by jOHANEN
I play on a Parker p-42.. with a randall amp.. pretty unique setup..

Heh, sounds good though. (literally!)
Quote by Broadsword
The clean intro was great, but there was a bit too much bass for my taste.The distorted intro is awesome, the slower parts I'm not sure if I liked all that much, but it still wasn't bad. The middle parts were good too. Overall a pretty good song. I like it.

You gotta remember this is all recorded with a cheap sony discount headset, holded down to my amp, which is cheap too!!
Im glad you all like it! I will record the whole thing with drums 2nd guitar and bass and all for you soon!
You really mean how or did you actually mean why or? hmm :S if you meant how, they are just pinch harmonics, a well known guitar technique.. Theres a video lesson here on UG about it I believe.. Its one of Pick'n'grin's guitar lessons i think.. And if you meant why, its because i like them alot! hehe
its a pretty good song, but doesnt the beginning of the distorted bit sound a bit like avenged sevenfold's unholy confessions.. maybe just me
Definatly sounds good, but yea too long and too much of the same..But I get where you goin with it. The Main riff is awsome. Yea, toss in the rest of the instruments n what not . Maybe shortin up parts, just for here though, cause after like the 4th time playin, people tend to get what your sayin n such.
Parts of it sound somewhat like Avenged Sevenfolds Unholy Confessions, did it influence your or was it just accidental?
damn i wanna make something like that
it gets a little boring in some parts but with some vocals and stuff it would be sweet

record the solo!
schecter c1 plus (duh)
seagul mini jumbo

soad....
this is really good man. i think you could make this awesome with a little more work! once you get a solo added in it'll help alot! definitely keep it up because you are on to something here! i look forward to seeing this perfected maybe? hopefully! hahaha... give these videos a look if you don't mind for me:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375585

thanks!
Parts of it sound somewhat like Avenged Sevenfolds Unholy Confessions, did it influence your or was it just accidental?

Hehe Ive heard much avenged sevenfold and I like unholy confessions.. So I cant really say no, they have some influence on the intro, but only with those 2 fast strums in the intro, like in unholy confessions, with the drums on.. I think thats what you mean..
Sweet clean intro you got there.. and then it goes into an awesome distorted riff. I like the slides and the pitch harmonics. Not a big fan of the slow part.. it might be cooler with some drums though. Your tone is really great for a set up that simple. It's distorted yet it cuts through pretty cleanly. It can get kind of repetitive, some of the riffs sound the same and you repeat that main one alot with some variation. It does drag on awhile, but overall a very solid job.

And I really think a solo would make this song alot better.

Crit for crit? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375952
I will get it perfected next week! Then we can see what comes out of it!
Sounds good, good riffs.

You can hear some timing issues and inconsistancys... but I am sure that would disappear with drums.

I'm not liking the tone of the guitar too much.... to weak, add some bass and turn down the mids and highs a little.

I liked the intro despite what every one else said... I think it gives it good character and with some leads, it'll be great... Now work on and outro... you can't have that for an outro with the potential of the song.

Crit 4 Crit https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375215
the clean intro was cool, n then the main riff... very Avenged Sevenfoldish...which is cool as long as your singer isnt like theirs in the choruses...i hate that so much...

anyways seem fer cool...drags on a bit towards the end..but im sure itll come together fine with the other instruments...

and it definately needs a solo
Loved it. Nice riffs. the intro might be a little long. Maybe add a solo to draw som more interest, build it up more. Good stuff!!

If you would, crit on my song
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378915
Originally Posted by sadistic_monkey
Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

My Gear:
Ibanez Rg320DX (81/85)
Alvarez Classic Electric
B-52 AT-100
Roland Cube 15
Marshall Avt Cab
Crate Blue Voodoo Cab (V30's)
dude it sounds good, but the distorted part after the clean part in the beginning sounds way to much like unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold
just thought I'd add the song is pretty cool, if it was me I'd compact it a lot. The intro and the quick version of the intro riff was really cool. It has a lot of Hammerfall's sound coming out, if you never heard it, check out Renegade, sounds similar...

Anyways, back to your song, vary it up a little, as in don't use the same riffs over and over at different tempos. Some of the chord strumming was kinda cool, but they seem to be more like a bridge or chorus rhythm to me.

But yep, add a solo, bass, drums, and vocals and you may well have a decent song.