OK, I have an ESP F-50. Its got strung through construction. I've had it for maybe a year and a half and just recently the deeper E string keeps breaking at the bridge. Someone told me that it might be because the bridge is bending. I was wondering if it's possible that's the problem and if so, how can I fix it?
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
I was thinking about bolting a nut, machine heads and a bridge onto my dick. String that up and I'd have a wangcaster of my own.
I'm guessing the saddle is sharp. Take the string off and feel across the saddle where the string sits, with your finger. If you feel something sharp, you should carefully sand it down until it's smooth.
def. sounds like your saddle is sharp. be very careful if you're gonna attempt to sand it, you'll want to use a very high grit sandpaper to try and get it as smooth as possible. another thing i've heard that works is to grind up some graphite, like the tip of a pencil, and put that on your saddle to reduce the friction between the string and saddle. if that doesnt work, they do make replacement saddles which are supposed to reduce string breakage due to the material there made of, cant remember the name tho..
alright thanks guys I'll give it a try
Quote by Cosimo_Zaretti
I was thinking about bolting a nut, machine heads and a bridge onto my dick. String that up and I'd have a wangcaster of my own.
Or you can replace the saddle(s). I dont know what kind of bridge you have, but regular standard strat-copy bridges can easily be replaced with graphite saddles (mine were like 50 bucks including installation and intunation.