Im kinda nu to the whole combo amp thing. I was wondering, if a bought this( linky) ENGL Powerball, do i HAVE to buy a cab to use it ie. would it still put out 100 watts power?
^ you'll get no sound and most likely blow up the internals of the powerball if you try to use it without a cab. You NEED a cab.

Been to the Belfast Guitar Emporium, eh?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
So, you mean a Combo, or a Head?

Because a combo has the built in cab... So you can use it without a separate cab.

If it's a Head... Playing without a cab would be pointless and blow stuff up.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
^ the powerball only comes as a head...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you just bought the head the yeah it would put out 100watts of power...Problem is that that power isn't leaving through any speakers so the amp would blow
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ the powerball only comes as a head...

Aaaah.

Well, yeah, trying to use a head alone would be pointless.

I mean, where do you think the sound would come out of ?
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!