Page 1 of 3
I am so sick of seeing "which guitar" threads in here.... so lets make this like a game shall we?

okay, here are the rules:
1. Post a guitar question..... be it "select one of these" or "recomend me something, anything"
2. put down what type of music you play, include at least two bands you sound at least a bit like
3. use PROPER GRAMMAR!!!!! At the very least, avoid 1337 speak please.
4. If you are responding to a question that hasn't been answered but is several posts up USE QUOTES! The last thing we need is a newbie thinking he needs a Paul Gilbert sig. Ibanez for his first guitar.

Fire away people.

If this could be stickied it'd be much appreciated.
Last edited by Keef-is-king at Jun 12, 2006,
glad this has finally been done, kudos to you man.
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
which guitar would be best for a RHCP clean funk type, but also a good hard rock distortion like RATM and audioslave? a fat or regular strat maybe?

ALL HAIL JOHN FRUSCIANTE
Quote by Bull5 on Parade
which guitar would be best for a RHCP clean funk type, but also a good hard rock distortion like RATM and audioslave? a fat or regular strat maybe?

I am going to go with the fat strat on this one, for RHCP it is perfect, as Frusciate used the neck and middle single coils the most anyway

for the RATM/Audioslave, again Tom Morello has the same pickup choices, but he does like a floyd rose.... and VIOLA there is a Fat Strat with a Floyd

so there is my recomendation; Fat Strat with a Floyd Rose.
Recommend a $400-$500 USD guitar for mainly metal. Thrash metal type stuff.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109

ibanez RG350DX
Alright, now I definitely know I need that guitar, because I've been looking at it for a long time and actually made a thread to get some feedback on it. I tried one out a few days ago at my guitar shop and it was awesome. Kinda weird that you said the exact guitar I wanted though =\

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109

My expertise, excellent.

First off, Tremelo or none?

What body shape/wood?
Jackson SLSMG Soloist (JB/Jazz)
Roland Micro Cube

Member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join.
Awesome. Glad this has finally been done! No I don't have to go from thread to thread answering the same question over and over!
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Mike1109
Alright, now I definitely know I need that guitar, because I've been looking at it for a long time and actually made a thread to get some feedback on it. I tried one out a few days ago at my guitar shop and it was awesome. Kinda weird that you said the exact guitar I wanted though =\

haha... well it sounded like a good guitar for you.
Is the Ibanez RG321 any good? i want a hardtail metal guitar with a bolt on and good wood for under 300ish.
I'm looking for something with a Floyd style trem, fast neck, good for a variety of styles. I like a lot of different stuff, Tool, APC, Pearl Jam, Breaking Benjamin, SOAD, Interpol, etc. I'm guessing I won't be able to get anything that versatile, especially for the price limit of around £500 - £600. That's $921.09 - $1,105.27, although I assume that much money entails different value in the U.S. I had Ibanez in mind, but I'm not sure which are good and which are ripoffs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote by Mascot
yuR a fAggit
Punished One

Tremelo preferrably, any body shape that isn't completely ugly.
Mahogany, Basswood whatever, just nothing ****ty.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Quote by Mike1109

Do you want a Floyd Rose? I'd say a Schecter either way.

They make this model in black & red, it's got active EMG's and there is a FR version.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105

edit...a little over your price range though...this one's cool too, except for the inlays IMO.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Damien-FR-Electric-Guitar?sku=513103
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

Last edited by gaspasser88 at Jun 12, 2006,
Quote by Icarus66
Is the Ibanez RG321 any good? i want a hardtail metal guitar with a bolt on and good wood for under 300ish.

It's a ****ing beast. Best axe you can find in the $100-$350 range.
Roland Micro Cube

The Schecter is about $150 out of my price range.

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
threadstarter, ur sick after 200+ posts?

this condensed type of thread comes up from time to time.
"which guitar" threads make up a ton of EG new threads.

the best way to get the attention of someone who knows about a specific type of guitar, is to start a thread with a good title, and like rightly pointed out, with all info needed.

then if u dont want to answer in that thread, because ur not familiar with that brand, you dont have to.

IMO, too hard for me to search a 5 page thread, trying to answer specific questions asked days ago because for whatever reason the search didnt pick up that there was a new entry.

with that said, im glad questions are answered here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i edited my post with another option
Quote by Chaos Guitar

Nice, I do want a Floyd Rose (or similar ie. Edge) tremelo system.
Any other suggestions?

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
Ibanez and Schecter are really your only choices for good guitars at a low price. Jackson and ESP make great guitars for metal, but their low-end stuff sucks IMO. You'd have to pay big bucks to score any quality witrh them.

edit: i really like this one too

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-2005-S470-Electric-Guitar-?sku=519969
Quote by Chaos Guitar

Quote by gaspasser88
Ibanez and Schecter are really your only choices for good guitars at a low price. Jackson and ESP make great guitars for metal, but their low-end stuff sucks IMO. You'd have to pay big bucks to score any quality witrh them.

Or, go used! (Referring to the ESP and Jackson low-end stuff)

But yeah, low-end ESP and Jackson stuff sucks balls. I played a JS30, that sucked, and a F-50, which was down-right horrible.

I can't find anything with a decent tremelo system for $400-$500. You're only bet is a RG1570, which is $750.
Roland Micro Cube

you should edit your post so it will be like.....

Metallica:
ESP KH-2 Signature Model : *enter price here*

since i know the signature is very expensive make a list going down by price, and what guitar should be suited for metallicas sound. and if someone needs a floyd rose, they just need to copy the name of the guitar check on images at google, and it will show the stuff that you want on that guitar etc.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
There is no ONE guitar that will suit everyone. Everyone has there own opinion and that is why this forum exists. Your new here, as am I, and my guess is your asking the very same question... which guitar is for you.

Keef-is-king, my advice, have a look around, don't be afraid to ask questions or post a thread... just don't expect to make a post and have it as your own little forum that's stickied right at the top... it doesn't work like that.
Ibanez RG321MH - (PAF Joe / FRED)
Vox AC30
Quote by Graphicism
There is no ONE guitar that will suit everyone. Everyone has there own opinion and that is why this forum exists. Your new here, as am I, and my guess is your asking the very same question... which guitar is for you.

Keef-is-king, my advice, have a look around, don't be afraid to ask questions or post a thread... just don't expect to make a post and have it as your own little forum that's stickied right at the top... it doesn't work like that.

hey, i'm not stopping people from asking "what is a good guitar for metal for under $500" 50 times, but if they can all be in one place instead of clogging up the main page, that'd be awesome

I realize some people will like Ibanez, some will like schecter, some won't like Les Pauls, some won't dig the superstrat look.... this is for everybody.

And I think that the main page could do with having itself cleaned up , the "cool pics of guitarists thread" is awesome, stuff like that is good for us, it reminds us of why we started playing in the first place.....
I'm looking into getting a new guitar, price range is around £150-250, I'm into mostly Classic Rock (Including stuff like Randy Rhoads and Guns N' Roses, not just the basic 'Oh get a Les Paul'). I've been looking at the Ibanez RG370 DX, mainly because I want a trem and they're supposed to be good for a cheap trem guitar. Advice?
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
^the trem sucks.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by invisible_man
^the trem sucks.

Indeed, but more precise would be "it wears down fast, therefore would not be worth it."
Also the pickups would need changing.
Hello all, I'm looking for a guitar good for metal/shredding, but also maybe some punk rock type stuff. Something good for solos. $700 tops. Thanks in advance.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
hey all

I'm considering a 6 string/12 string doubleneck, and no, I can't afford the $3000 Gibson one. I can go up to about $800. I have a Fender stage 1000 amp. any suggestions? Is the Epi G-1275 any good?

thanks
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Pants99

Thank you. Right now It's between the ESP and the Schecter...I really like the Schecter, but I'm not sure how the neck is...I don't anything about necks except that I like them kind of thin...maybe some help?
schecter necks are coated (some guys find them sticky) and they are thicker than ibanez.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by ScreaminBlues25
hey all

I'm considering a 6 string/12 string doubleneck, and no, I can't afford the $3000 Gibson one. I can go up to about $800. I have a Fender stage 1000 amp. any suggestions? Is the Epi G-1275 any good?

thanks

looks pretty good

that or this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Double-neck-Electric-Guitar-new_W0QQitemZ7421696633QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
looks pretty good. im no expert on double necks, but it looks pretty good.

i'd say the epi actually might be more reliable though, the one i linked above ia a no name

edit: check this schecter http://www.bmusic.com.au/prod3849.htm
edit 2: scratch that, its only 6 strings on both necks
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Last edited by ISuk@Guitar at Jun 12, 2006,
depends on ur budget, and music tastes.
the mex made are good for their price range, the amer made are good for their price range.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
depends on ur budget, and music tastes.
the mex made are good for their price range, the amer made are good for their price range.

ok best for classic rock/ blues for under 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Elitist
Fender Stratocaster or Telecaster

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2