So basically Im looking for a tube combo that can vairy in music styles. I play alot of metallica and down-tuned stuff, but I also play G'n'R and So over drived blues!
I Have 1,250 USD to buy one so it has to be good! Also could you maybe give me a link to your suggestion if possible
try and orange Rocker 30 combo, has the best Gn'r sound EVER

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/orro30ap.html

i have one and i love mine.

it has very simple bluesy cleans

and a great G'nr gain channel,

but the gain ALL the way up for metallica
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
Quote by obilisk
try and orange Rocker 30 combo, has the best Gn'r sound EVER

lol Wouldnt the best GnR sound be...idk...GnR themselves?

sorry...had to...
yep

you might want to get a simple overdrive to overdrive the distortion channel for REALLY HEAVY metal, but it has alot of bass
"i disagree, I play on my own and if I had to play through my avt for another minute I'd probably poke a fork into the input, with the hope of both electrocuting myself and destroying the amp in one fell swoop."
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
lol Wouldnt the best GnR sound be...idk...GnR themselves?

sorry...had to...

2 bad you cant get Gnr in your bedroom
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
that would definatly get your metallic going

but not so much the blues methinks
-Dave_mc

Best video ever
its like 2,989...? I might try out a ENGL thunder and screamer..Whick would be better and would I need a distortion pedel???
Quote by False_God
its like 2,989...? I might try out a ENGL thunder and screamer..Whick would be better and would I need a distortion pedel???

Recto-verbs are like $1,400 USD
the screamer will own you. go for one used and save $500. aand it'll do gnr great.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
maybe he meant to type 100 USD over his limit.
Every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you
Quote by False_God
Would the ENGL screamer 50w be any good.

yes, go with that. bear in mind the footswitch is extra.

but try everything you can- the mesa f30/50 might be worth a look too. probably do a slightly more authentic modern metallica, since it's a bit darker sounding than a screamer. You won't need a distortion pedal with either, I'd have thought.

Quote by obilisk
that [screamer] would definatly get your metallic going

but not so much the blues methinks

you haven't tried one, have you?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Try a peavey classic 30. It has more than enough gain for guns and roses and could do metal with a slight boost. I tried one today, and tonally, it owned a mesa stiletto which I tried... which happened to cost seven times the price!
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.