So, do they sound as good as Line 6 claims they do? I have their amp (flextone III) which can suck or kick ass depending on how I tweak it. What I want to know is is the Variax as good as they say it is? They claim Tom Petty uses it.
the variax sucks

dont get it

you'll regret it

a lot
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.
Quote by ISuk@Guitar
the variax sucks

dont get it

you'll regret it

a lot

That's what I wanted to know, thanks
I've heard from lots of people who like them a great deal.

Now granted, I don't own one, however I have read enough to be SERIOUSLY considering one.

I wonder if that poster has had a bad experience with one.

Brad
My guitar teacher has one and played it for me on all the different settings. All the instruments sound great (especially the acoustics) and true. It can be of great use in both a live and studio setting: live presents an easy change between songs; in the studio it provides a versatile array of guitars in just one single guitar. I'm going to buy one for myself at a later time.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Oh, so he might have just had a bad experience? Because I have experience with line 6 before (in my amp) and they are so versatile and reliable. Their amp they put a lot into. However I think because you almost have a few degrees to work it people are turned off.
It's all in the experience. I would suggest trying one out for yourself before you decide for or against it.
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Quote by gogita21
It's all in the experience. I would suggest trying one out for yourself before you decide for or against it.

Well I am of course going to do that, but the real bugs (in my experience) don't emerge till you get it home.
I just love having versatility when it comes to my insturment, I just want to know if line 6 did as good a job on this as they did on their amp?
All right, I am excited about it now, I want to write with that sitar :P
Any more imput? Like do the guitars sound real for anyone who has it?
Quote by the spiker
I love my line 6. They make great amps.

Flextone II > Any mesa ever made
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio